St. Patrick Comments

St. Patrick of Ireland is one of the world's most popular saints. Apostle of Ireland, born at Kilpatrick, near Dumbarton, in Scotland, in the year 387; died at Saul, Downpatrick, Ireland, 17 March, 461. Along with St. Nicholas and St. Valentine, the secular world shares our love of these saints. This is also a day when everyone's Irish. There are many legends and stories of St. Patrick, but this is his story. Patrick was born ... Continue Reading

1. Elayna
    8 months ago

awesome!!! exactly what i was looking for!!

2. maurita Z.
    8 months ago

I am so grateful to tell the children that St; Patrick's Day is not just about legends of gold at the end of the rainbow, leprechauns and 'wearin' of the green or getting pinched: It is a day to honor a real man who loved the Lord Jesus Christ, and brought Christianity, reading and writing of the Bible (see "the Book of Kells" one of the lovely copies of the Bible), literacy and protection of civilization to Ireland. The evil practices of the pagan Druids were exposed, and thousands were set free by learning the Good News of Salvation through Christ.

3. lexiystarrz
    8 months ago

St. Patrick was born Maywen Sugat. Not Patrick. That is an important piece of info.

4. keith
    9 months ago

saint patrick was born in banwen south wales not scotland

5. Robert Tanner

Since my last comment on 20/3/2011. I have found out that St.Patrics Sister (Lupat Surcatt) was also captured and sold into slavere in Irland. She also became a Saint (St.Darerca) She was married twice and had 17 children all of them went on to become Bishops and Saints doing good work in Irland. They were St.Mel-St.Rioc-St.Muinis-St.Maelchu-St.Eiche- and St.Lalloc. The 6 I know of! St.Patric did meet up with 3 of them in Dery.
    So Banwen in South Wales can be proud of St.Patric & St.Darerca !!!

6. Okongwuigwe Patrick Emeka

Pray for me O Holy Saint,my patron Saint and name sake; that I may serve GOD greatly as you once did while on earth. Through your intercession O Holy Saint, may I be an instrument of peace,an ardent preacher of the gospel;that I may be a light unto the world to win souls for Christ by the examplary life I lead. May I through your intercession,the Saints' and that of The Blessed Virgin Mary find and fulfill my destiny, so at the end of my journey here on earth,I may gain the everlasting kingdom of heaven to join you,the saints and the Angels in saying"HOLY, HOLY, HOLY, LORD GOD OF HOST...BLESSINGS,HONOUR,GLORY,POWER & PRAISE BE UNTO HIM FOREVER''. Through Christ our Lord Amen.

7. A

how could i cite this for a footnote. all of this information was a great foundation for me to start my research on St. Patrick

8. Mr Casey

Ah it's that time of the year again when we salute Patrick. Ireland was a complete mess before he arrived. Equality for women. We can't have that now. No way. Women should know their place. And wasn't his own grandfather a priest too. It was a different time in the church when a priest could have children. All I can say is that Ireland would have been a terrible place if Patrick hadn't have fulfilled his papal mission. Luckily he put sense into the heads of all those Pelagianists in England before he came to Ireland with Germain. Think of all the children of Ireland who would have been abused under a different system had Patrick not have come. I think Ireland would be much better without papal taxation. If I could go back in time I would ensure that that slave didn't make his escape.

9. chet bas

happy feast day St. Patrick. thank you for our visit to ireland and may we visit you and Little Nellie of Holy God again. thank you

10. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

We implore thee to instill in the religious the faith that you once possessed. The modern militant secularism is trying hard to destroy the faith that you once bravely preached in Ireland. The Christian leaders who have vowed to preach the gospel, are being deluded by the vanities of the world resulting in sex and financial scandals. As the Holy Father has taken up the cross of purifying the Church of such scandals and to imbue the religious and laity with the spirit of Christ, He needs the prayer and assistance of you in fulfilling his duties. Kindly provide him with loyal soldiers in the Vatican and Roman Curiae so that He marches ahead in confidence and strength in carrying out the responsibilities of Peter. Amen.

11. JAMBS

Conchessa=Contessa or rather taken as a sex slave
    Callpurnius was black, probably a Roman slave
    Ireland: If Patrick did anything today, it was to awaken the world that you traded slaves back then and still do it to this day and they are still black. Buying the world with laundered money is not okay. Raids to steal is theft and running slaves is as low as a country can go. To Ireland, I imprison your Island forever more as I have tossed you out of Lyra in heaven. To Hades you all go.

12. Mona

Please pray for Jacob that he finds peace and the right path, for Michelle and Gwen that the doctors can help them and for all cancer patients. Dear Lord, thank you for making me cancer free.

13. Joseph Mathew

St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, please pray for us, who are inspired by your fervent devoution to Jesus Christ, here in India.

14. christopher

St.Patrick no words i put here can tell what i want 2 say
    I ask for your blessing please bless my friends and family
    I ask you bless me
    I have great faith
    Amen

15. general unknown something usmc usnf ****

17th/18th march 2013:st patrick pray for us companion friends.

16. NemoMeImpuneLacessit

Saint Patrick was a Pict, (Dalriada, of which there are two) Descendant of the High Kings of Ireland where the Picts originally landed with their Holy Books and Jacob's pillow. God Bless his Saintly soul :)

17. buck billbert

i think wish wesite is the verry good and i like the jesus man calld pat i think i need to get a new smeem so the popes perfume will do goood i need to find out hoe to by it

18. Honeybadger

RAWRRRR I'M THE HONEYBADGER SAINT PETER I EAT LARVA AND IM A BAD ARSE SAINT PETER

19. amani patrick

st Patrick pray for those who forget home

20. bob