St. Matthew Comments

St. Matthew, one of the twelve Apostles, is the author of the first Gospel. This has been the constant tradition of the Church and is confirmed by the Gospel itself. He was the son of Alpheus and was called to be an Apostle while sitting in the tax collectors place at Capernaum. Before his conversion he was a publican, i.e., a tax collector by profession. He is to be identified with the "Levi" of Mark and Luke. His apostolic activity was at ... Continue Reading

1. michelle

great website perfect for my research project in religion!!!

2. a.sanchez

this info was great for my project which is due tomorrow now i gotta find more pics than this i am gettin bored already

3. a.sanchez

4. a.sanchez

5. Adriana

this site is sooooo helpful i have to do a saint report at my skool they're making me do him and this provided lots of info.!!! :)
    :D

6. Matt

Not as helpful as I hoped it to be but it still provided some vital information for my St. Matthew report.

7. Evan

I am doing a saint report on St. Matthew and was help and made me prosper. I will never get this done.

8. Scotty

I'm doing a saint report and im doing mine on saint matthew. this website is the bestt!! VERY helpful!! GO SAINT MATTHEW!

9. BilliyJoeBob

I love this website! This information will help me get a 100% on my research paper. Thank you very much!:)

10. Ben jamin'

This was very helpful!

11. Clement

I loved the help I think I will get an A+ or 100%

12. ikematt2

St. Matthew is the best. My name i Matthew, too. It means "gift of God".

13. ikematt2

Saint Matthew is awesome. I LLLLOOOOOVVVVVE Him.

14. erin

Thanks for that brief summary of him. It was right to the point and very beneficial. :)

15. Rachel

St. Matthew's Feast day is also the Independence Day of Belize. Today Belize is 29 years independent. St. Matthew please pray for Belize, for an end to our economic woes, for guidance for our Government leaders that they may do God's will and not their own. Also please pray for an end to the violence in our land, and a respect for all human life. St. Matthew pray for us.

16. Cynthia

Thanks for the info on his profession & patron St. I will pray to St. Matthew to help me in my property taxes situation. I enjoyed reading some of the comments. They strengthened me.

17. Monica

St. Matthew is the patron saint of accountants, stockbrokers, registered investment advisors, everybody in the investment business, lenders, fund managers, etc. I am very glad to have him as my patron saint. Being a tax collector, he ran into a lot of rejection just in the course of his work. If my sources are correct, he received a small salary from the Roman gov't, but most of his income came from the taxes he collected from which he took a percentage. There is a lot of room for corruption in such an arrangement, and tax collectors had a bad reputation because of that. But St. Matthew must have run his practice honestly as best he could since he was chosen by Jesus and is now a saint. His life is an inspiration to everybody in the business trying to run a a clean and honest practice.

Dear St. Matthew, please guide us to find the solutions that best fit our clients' needs, to use our time wisely and never grow discouraged by the rejection that is a natural part of our business. Bless our clients and their families. Bless our daily efforts to help them prosper. Thank you, St. Matthew for our success.

18. Calvin Joseph Rodriguez Sr

St. Matthew for my needs of security in this stage of my and my wife, Sonya's life as we start our full retirement with uncertain economics of our future.

Pray for our friends and family that are facing uncertain futures.

19. mark

ALLELUIA! St Matthew pray for us...

20. Mark

Matthew is my chosen confirmation name, it was nice to recall why I chose him so many years later.