St. Matthew Comments

St. Matthew, one of the twelve Apostles, is the author of the first Gospel. This has been the constant tradition of the Church and is confirmed by the Gospel itself. He was the son of Alpheus and was called to be an Apostle while sitting in the tax collectors place at Capernaum. Before his conversion he was a publican, i.e., a tax collector by profession. He is to be identified with the "Levi" of Mark and Luke. His apostolic activity was at ... Continue Reading

1. Megan
    8 months ago

This was very helpful. I got a good grade on my project thanks to this site.

2. Gabbie Sheafer
    9 months ago

This website is very useful!!! I loved it he is on of the best saints ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

3. Matthew cool dude

I am doing a saint report on Matthew and I got all my information from this here web site. I will use this a lot when I am typing my report.Thank You!!!

4. SS

Saint Mathew,
    as the patron of accountants, I ask that you pray for me. I have taken over a new job, and the books are a mess, I was not properly trained, and Im scared. I can not afford to lose this job, it has benefits, and my husband's job might be in jeopardy if his company doesn't collect from a HUGE dead beat account. I need your guidance and your help. I'm not Catholic, but my mother was, and she taught us to pray to the saints when we needed extra help.
    Im in way over my head and I need all the help I can get. Thank you in advance for your help and prayers.

5. Joseph Mathew

Apostle St. Matthew, today being your feast day, I submit my son Mathew, to your care and protection. He is named after my beloved father whose ideals and inspiration have led me through the difficult years of my life. Though he is no more, I know that he is with you in heaven interceding for all of us here. Please continue to pray for us.

6. Michael Varger

*** HAPPY FEAST DAY ***

Dear Apostle Matthew,

Today is a very special day for you and our Holy Mother Church because it is your Feast Day. You were one of the twelve close companions whom Jesus chose and taught His Way. Jesus deeply loved and cared for his twelve companions 24 hours a day & 7 days a week for 3 long years as a mother would her children. You are one of the 12 pillars of our Christian civilisation and we are to be ever grateful and appreciative for your love & sacrifice.

This morning we attended your Feast Mass at the famous and oldest church in Melbourne - St Francis' church in the city. This evening we will visit dad at Epworth Hospital in Box Hill where he is slowly getting back to health after a 10 hour surgery on his heart & lungs. We will dine this evening at one of the many restaurants Melbourne is famous for and I think it will most likely be a Russian restaurant.

I have already set aside a bottle of top rated red wine from France and a bottle of white wine from the Adelaide Hills that won many awards. We are very much looking forward to our dinner & celebration and you will be our guest of honour (in spirit, of course). You mean a great deal to our family and we harbour many fond memories of our years of togetherness through the hard times and the good times too, and we are excited about the times ahead.

Finally, we are a people of faith, faith in the Risen Lord and the dynamic & effervescent love that comes from above. We cannot help but to share our joy with everyone we come in contact with. We want as many people as possible to feel the way we do and to be loved as we are loved.

LOVE IS ALL

7. Michael Varger

Dear Apostle Matthew,

On Saturday, 21 September 2013, is your Feast Day and I look forward celebrating with all Christians around the world your special place in our Christian civilization. Additionally, I will be celebrating with my loved ones your place in our hearts & live. Yes, next Saturday is your Feast Day and I want you to know that it will be a wonderful day of love & laughter, eating & drinking in thanksgiving to the Risen Lord who chose you as one of his twelve apostles.

On your Feast Day anything you ask of the Risen Lord will be granted you and so I appeal to you that on your Feast Day you will ask the Risen Lord who chose you and loves you immeasurably to heal my father's bruised & battered body from the horrible fungal infection that the hospital doctors are trying to destroy with powerful anti-fungal drugs without success. He is a gentle & loving father who sacrificed his life for the love of his two sons and wife.

On the Assumption Day (15 August 2013) he suffered a massive hear attack in his garage which amazed the doctors how he survive it. In the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) dad's lungs & kidneys failed and his heart was barely beating. It was a shocking experience for my brother and I and our dear old mother was shaking from the shock. I asked my friends in the Carmelite monastery to urgently beg God to save dad from the jaws of death and God did.

It will be dad's 37th day in the ICU next Saturday on your Feast Day. On Father's Day (1 September 2013) our prayers were answered and dad's surgery lasted 10 hours and it was very successful. Dad's heart, lungs & kidneys began to work and recover slowly to everyone's surprise and joy. Unfortunately, dad was infected with a fungus that is very hard to treat and now I beg you to pray for the healing power of Christ to kill the horrible fungus.

LOVE IS ALL

8. Mwende

I will be wedding on 21st Sept which is the feast day of St. Matthew. I'm very thankful to have him to intercede for my family. Thank you Lord. You just love me! and I'm a sinner who loves you still.

9. heavenkid

this helped a lot thanks

saint matthew bless us

10. Loida Medina

Very inspiring, I am very thanful i came across this site. Thank you God, thank you St. Mathew. Thank you too St. Joseph Cupertino. You gave me a 100% in my exams. Thank you so much.

11. UYGIU

omg im doing a saint project this was so helpful thank you! (dont worry, i put you in my bibliography) :P

12. hitlar

awesome

13. FRED

THIS SAINT HELPED ME A LOT

14. jsdhfjklsl;uklashp

THANX FOR THIS SIT IM DOING A SAINT PROJECT AND THIS HELPED ME ALOT!!!!!! ;)

15. Matthew

you are amazing

16. kenneth villacastin

the information is quiet simple and informative. it will give more knowledge to those people who didn't know the story of st. Matthew.

St. Matthew.......pray for us.

17. julio

best saint ever, he is awesome

18. Steve

St Matthew, pray for me & intercede for my needs. Thank you !

19. Joseph Mathew

St. Mathew, you are the patron saint of my son, who is named after my beloved father. Please protect him from all evil influences, intercede for him and for all of us.

20. christie

St. Matthew, Apostle and martyr, happy feast-day. Pray for us to recommend our cares to God, who already knows what they are. Help us to receive all the heavenly graces we need to be healed of illnesses. Give us health of mind and body. Amen