St. Mary Magdelene Comments

She is called "the Penitent". St. Mary was given the name 'Magdalen' because, though a Jewish girl, she lived in a Gentile town called Magdale, in northern Galilee, and her culture and manners were those of a Gentile. St. Luke records that she was a notorious sinner, and had seven devils removed from her. She was present at Our Lords' Crucifixion, and with Joanna and Mary, the mother of James and Salome, at Jesus' empty tomb. Fourteen ... Continue Reading

1. kayla

i think she is a very wonderful saint p.s. i also picked her for my confirmation saint

2. Raquel

:] i picked her for my confirmation name.

3. Alisha

Mary Magdalene is a beautiful saint, which, in my opinion did not get enough credit for her love of Jesus. Especially in the Old Testament scriptures.

4. Rachel

I thought she had a very important and interesting life. I also picked her for my conformation name.

5. marry

i picked her for my conformation name. she sounds nice!:)

6. Elz

I am doing her for R.E homework. She is a very detailed saint - her background history is interesting. Im glad I picked her.

7. eileen

i picked her because she is very interesting . Thanks for all the information.

8. Erin

yeah, im doing her for Confirmation to(: typing the essay is a pain in the butt, but Mary Magdelene is very interesting.

9. Mariel

I'm doing a report on her for confirmation. She interesting, but I had wanted to do someone else at first, but now I'm glad I picked her.

10. Bailey

I am also doing a report on her she seems interesting! Thanks for the information!

11. Magdalene

i also chose her for my confirmation:D

12. rachel

im doing a report on her too! she is very interesting! :)

13. Skylar

She is Awesome! im doing a report thing about her!! :) i love her!

14. lauren

i'm getting confirmed in december and i chose St.Mary Magdalene. i chose her because i believe she is a role model for sinners and forgivness is what God wants from us humans. GO MARY MAGDALENE!!!!!

15. Brittany

even tho im in the 5th grade i go to a catholic school im not im black but i go a saints school st.norbert in the name of the father and son n the holy sprit amen

16. Brittany

This was extremely helpful im getting confirmed and she is the saint i chose. She is an amazing woman

17. shanika

this does not not give me information i want

18. Vicki Hilder

I am not Catholic, I am not even religious, but I am tracing back my family history and note my g/grandparents who were married in the Catholic church, named their first born son FRANCIS JAMES ST MARY WARD. I am curious to know if this was a common occurrence, to name a male child St Mary .....?

19. Vincent

I like her for she is a good example to each of us.

20. Amy

why doesn't this tell when she was born and died