St. Mary Magdelene Comments

She is called "the Penitent". St. Mary was given the name 'Magdalen' because, though a Jewish girl, she lived in a Gentile town called Magdale, in northern Galilee, and her culture and manners were those of a Gentile. St. Luke records that she was a notorious sinner, and had seven devils removed from her. She was present at Our Lords' Crucifixion, and with Joanna and Mary, the mother of James and Salome, at Jesus' empty tomb. Fourteen ... Continue Reading

1. Maria

Wish people would stop seeing Mary Magdalene as a sinner or prostitute it's lies made up by male deciples who where jelious of Jesus and mary's relationship. She is my patron saint too I chose her because she has in Jewish version my name and my sisters birthday is her feast day. I have to say I'm proud she's my patron, she's an amazing saint.

2. Angelina

This did not really provide me with what i wanted. When was she born? What year? When did she die? Other than that i thought the information was terrific.

3. leah

i like her

4. Mary

There was a documentary on TV regarding the TRUTH about who Mary Magdelene
    really was. It was on in 2004.
    SHE WAS NEVER A PROSTITUTE. Vicious lies were MADE UP about her to ruin her
    reputation so that other male religious officials could take over and influence the people
    to follow and listen to only them.
    I grew up believing all of the movies on TV depicting stories of Jesus and how
    Mary Magdelene was described.
    I was led to that program containing the truth about Mary.

5. Meaghan

I find it highly disturbing that a site which presumes to an authoritative source for information on Catholic doctrine would publish such blatantly false information. The Church has stated for DECADES now that Mary of Magdala was NOT the penitent sinner, the woman with the alabaster jar, a prostitute.... She was released from seven demons, but demons are not associated with sin, they are associated with ailment. She was SICK.
    I'm disgusted that your site is perpetuating false doctrine and I would pray that either it is corrected or the Church disavows any connection to whatever groups publishes. it.

6. zitavy

it was really helpfull because it helped me choose my saint name and im going for mary magdelene

7. S Darko

After reading this article, I have to post that I had a supernatural experience just after I awakened one morning. A sweet, loving, male voice said my name in the most tender way. Like Mary, I was a great sinner, and I was very vain about my appearance. I read of other people's supernatural experiences all the time, and I can only say that scripture is coming to pass, as in Joel 2:28-32. And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy,your old men will dream dreams,your young men will see visions.Even on my servants, both men and women,I will pour out my Spirit in those days.I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth,blood and fire and billows of smoke.The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. (Please READ HIS WORD people, for many are being led astray. Jesus did not die so that we can sin, He died to save us from sin. Can't stop sinning? Of course not, not without His power. Call on Jesus and repent, and you will receive a remission of your sins through His merits, not your own, lest any man or woman should boast. If you still cannot break chains of sin, find a church where people will lay hands on you and anoint you, just as the first apostles did. Through His power, so many of my chains were broken. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for saving me.)

8. Joshua Gowar

St.Mary Magdelene Please Pray for me to Have the Lord's Guidance and Provisional Blessing in all that I am to do now. Whether to stay where I am or to go where the Lord desires me to. Please pray for my discernment and wisdom! Thank You and God Bless all of you!

9. Joseph santiago CMF

Pray for me St. Mary Magdalene...I want to be a disciple of Christ like you...

10. richard lewis

"Fourteen years after Our Lord's death, St. Mary was put in a boat by the Jews without sails or oars..." This isn't in the Bible so I am wondering what the authority for the legend is.

11. Don Stankus

You are surprisingly off base in keeping the Marys from the Bible straight as well and wrong about the real essence of Mary Magdalene. Please tell me who the biblical scholar is that is so far off base. That person should not be writing about saints. Mary Magdalene was as close to being a woman Apostle that there ever could have been!

12. AJ

Saint Mary Magdalene is my patron saint.
    What a wonderful example of penitence, turn around and the Lord's forgiveness.
    Such an inspiration and lesson to us all.
    Saint Mary Magdalene, Pray for Us, may we ever repent our sins, trusting in the Lord and his love for us.

13. feras

Pray for me Saint Mary as we love you and feel that you resemble everyone of us. You are an example of Jesus love to us we wish to follow your path.

14. christie

Today we celebrate the feast day of St. Mary Magdalen, who inspires me to know that love is much much more rewarding than any other Christian virtue. As Christ has said that after death faith and hope will have been outlived. Only Love remains. Christ You so loved Mary as to have chosen her to be the first person you appeared to after You Resurrection. I'm so happy, and the sweetnes of it is that You called her by name. She recongnised her Master's voice. Dear Jesus, You call us by name too, in more subtle ways and more often than we know. Please give us the wonderful gift of listening to You promptings. Forgive us when we are so obsessed with our needs and when we are so blocked by our fears. Gentle Jesus speak to us. Mary Magdalen, I pray today that you'll ask Jesus to keep my mother, Victoria Gonzales alive when I travel to see my daughters in far away places. May we love Jesus fearlessly like you did when you stood at the foot of the Cross. And unashamedly as you did when you displayed your love for Jesus in the house of Simon the Pharisee. You inspire me. I love you.

15. Bill Karabinus

Beautiful.

16. Anthony UK

The Beatles had a song called - 'All you need is LOVE,' St Mary Magdala epitomises the word. She was full of love. What a beautiful Saint - a sinner reborn. Forget the rubbish in The Da Vinci Code, this woman loved Our Lord with all her heart. What an incredible woman. Pray for us all Saint Mary. Happy feast day.

Anthony UK

17. lorraine

it shows that the love of our lord jesus is great no sin is too big to be unforgivable jesus loves everyone even the ones we think are great sinners

18. Christopher Bulatiko

She had 7 demons in her which means she was possessed , but Jesus Himself cast these demons out and made Mary one of His own. It was her FAITH which saved her and her LOVE. The two are important aspects in our faith journey, but they will save us from the powers and snares of the evil one.

19. liz mwai

Think i got what i was searchin' for im being confirmed on Sunday and mary magdalene inspire me.pray for me faithfuls.

BE BLESSED

20. Erin

This is very cool. The information made me think twice about how lucky i am to have such a great life. Great article;-)