St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi Comments

It would be easy to concentrate on the mystical experiences God gave this saint, rather than on her life. In fact, it would be difficult to do differently, so overwhelming were those gifts from God. The temptation for many modern readers (including the author) would be to see little to identify with in these graces and walk away without seeing more. The other temptation would be to become so fascinated with these stories that one would neglect ... Continue Reading

1. Catherine

How can I get a copy of St. Mary Magdelene De Pazzi's article above?

I was confirmed at a very early age in my sixth grade of elementary school. My knowledge of my commitment was not truly known at the time, so in picking a saint for my confirmation name, one was chosen from the Church calendar. My thought process was to find a female saint that had her feast day on the same day as one of my relatives. The only day found was May 25, my grandmother's Birthday who was not Catholic. Mary Magdelene was the name I choose. I grew much older, and my commitment was much more appreciated, yet still I thought Mary Magdelene in Jesus' time, was the only Mary Magdelene saint. Because of past experiences, I found it difficult to not get pulled into outlandish beliefs some people have for her. Such as buying books that were not the direction I felt comfortable reading. Besides, her Feast Day seemed to change, July 22.
    On May 25, 2013, our priest talked about several saints at daily mass. To my surprise there is a St. Mary Magdenene who was born in the 1500's.
    A few days later, finding St. Mary Magdelene de Pazzi, on this web sight, it became clearer that she found me.
    Not only was she baptized Catherine, as I, she has many more things that I find very easy to relate to.
    The one that stands out the most is from reading your article that states St. Mary Magdelene de Pazzi's feast day was set on May 25, one year after her canonization. Only to be changed in 1728 to May 29. May 25 was given to Pope St. Gregory VII, where it remained until 1969. This is the most amazing part that makes me feel she found me. I was confirmed in 1969. No one that I know of has a birthday on May 29,
    Mary Magdelene de Pazzi's feast day on May 25, was on whatever reference, that was in my use, in 1969.

My involvement with this saint has become so in depth spiritually, there are no words to express how I feel about the growth now and in the future.

I pray that St. Mary Magdelene de Pazzi intercedes to help me make those around me, feel the positive & life-giving, ways God loves them. Especially when it is not an enjoyable thing to do.
    Catherine

2. Jamesok

I thank you my God for st. Mary magdalene de pazzi. This shows me your choice for humanity to serve you and to remain an example to others. Thank you and i pray that in life we may truly lift our life to you so the level you have chosen us to live may inspire us and live it well. I now pray for myself and my family to experience the healing hand upon my wife and children and grant us the insight of your great work in our life. Amen. I pray with st. Mary magdalene de pazzi in Jesus most holly name . Amen

3. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

Kindly pray for me to love God more than anything in my life not for any reward but for the sake of God. Enlighten me to his graces that flow through me each and every seconds of my life. Grant me the grace to recognize his Love in everything that happens to me. Fill me with the Faith that God is in control of everything and he gives us the best even though it may not please me and comfort my pains and suffering. Help me to pray and to Love our Blessed Mother who is the Queen of Heaven and Earth. Amen.

4. Theresa

Thank You for sharing about this Saint. Just like people who are interested in sports like to know about athletes who excel in their sport,I love learning about those who have lived a life of excellence specializing in God. Thank You for putting this web site together and the daily updates for saint of the day ,St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi, her mental clarity, healing prayers for all of humanity,and her deep love for Our Lord, ,Christ Jesus inspires us all as we feel His Love for us. I'm so glad you shared how her mental prayers are a source for young men entering the priesthood . May her prayers shine on them today.

5. natasha

WOW, So Inspiring and Lifted My Spirits, Thank You.

6. George Sebastian

I understand that God's ways are not our ways but Saints like Mary Magdalene de Pazzi scare me. I really don't understand mystic Saints.

7. general unknown radical usmc acmf usnf ****

25th may 2013:st mary magdalene de pazzi ocd.carm pray for us.

8. Trinbagonian

St Mary, teach me to forgive and love...to dwell in Jesus' sacred heart on Earth, I pray. Amen. Thank you.

9. coolkid1234

she is very inspirational and shows great examples of the beatitudes

10. ProcrastinatingPolly

I find her story to be amusing and funny. Stories like these scare me into following Jesus.

11. Gabriel

I told my niece that on here future Wedding day , it is a very special Saint's feast day . And behold in fact it is one of the most interesting Saint's I've read so far , besides St. Faustina . I pray to you O Saint Mary Magdalene of Pazzi , I ask you that you help My Niece and her future Husband . That they have a blessed life and Follow are Lord in the teachings Amen ! Thank you St. Mary Magdalene of Pazzi .

12. christie

St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi, pray for us on the eve of Pentecost. That we may receive the Holy Spirit and enjoy His indwelling in us. Protect us from the works and pomps of the devil, performed by those who pretend to be good to you. Amen.,

13. Carolyn

St. Mary Magdelene de'Pazzi is also the patron saint of Lay Carmelites, the Secular Order of Carmel. Please pray for Lay Carmelite vocation.

14. Tina

I can't believe that I've been going to a church named after her for almost a decade and i never knew this about her, I'm really glad I finally looked this up! Thank you and God Bless!

15. John

I came to know about St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi through SHALOM TV last week only. I think the saint equals with St Alphonsa.
    PLEASE PRAY FOR ME

16. Jojo Job

pray for me to jesus

17. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Mary Magdeline de Pazzi,
    Please pray for me to discern and to do God's will.

18. John

Thank you, thank you, thank you for printing this information regarding St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi. In many ways I can indentify with the trials and tribulations she was tempted with. God Bless!

19. barry Sims

This article helped me to understand the reason for God to give the gifts that He does to certain people. I believe that St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi has much to
    teach us and I intend to follow up this article with a search for material related to what she dictated to her sisters in the convent. Thanks for printing this article.

20. Margaret Goodwin

St. Mary Magdalene is a saint for today. Tempted by sensual desires, she fought them off for love of God. I need her help when I am sorely tempted by this sensual world. I doubt many could survive The Dark Night after having known Jesus so intimately. St. Mary Magdelene, pray for us.