St. Martha Comments

"Jesus loved Martha and Mary and Lazarus." This unique statement in John's gospel tells us of the special relationship Jesus had with Martha, her sister, and her brother. Apparently Jesus was a frequent guest at Martha's home in Bethany, a small village two miles from Jerusalem. We read of three visits in Luke 10:38-42, John 11:1-53, and John 12:1-9. Many of us find it easy to identify with Martha in the story Luke tells. ... Continue Reading

1. Robin
    10 months ago

Thank you St. Martha for seeing me through difficult times, sharing your strength, and helping me begin to love myself. Because of you, I have a stronger will to live, my life is starting to improve, and I have faith in peaceful future. Thank you for your blessings St. Martha. I love you & appreciate you. I cherish our relationship and pray that we maintain this exceptional bond.

2. kat
    10 months ago

Thank you Saint Martha for answering my prayers and helping me through difficult times, what I have asked of you I have been granted

3. TA67
    10 months ago

Dear Saint Martha,

Thank you so much for listening to my prayers; and for your assistance. Because of you, my life has made a significant change for the better. You have been wonderful to me; and I am grateful for everything you have done to help me out. I hope you will continue to work with me..

I love you!

4. G
    11 months ago

Thank you St. Martha for working with me. Please help restore my relationship. I promise I will have a mass said in your honor and bring you flowers for your altar if you please bring him back to me.

5. Martha Clements

I was born on July 29, in Oceanside, California, baptized at the Mission San Luis Rey de Francia, named by my spanish-french grandmother. I honor you, Saint Martha.

6. Andree

Thank you Ste Martha for listening and granting me and my family the help we needed.
    We are trying our best to serve you. Thank you. AP SG MG PEM

7. T

Dear Saint Martha,

Thank you so much for your intercession and assistance. Because of you, my life is better; and I feel hope again. You have been wonderful to me; and I am grateful for everything you have done to help me out. I look forward to continuing our relationship.

I love you!
    T

8. Gemma

I chose Martha as my confirmation name 18 months ago when I took part in the RCIA course at my church. I felt a connection to her when I read about her. 5 months ago I gave birth to a baby girl who I named Martha Grace as the name and person held a special meaning for me. Thank you Saint Martha for inspiring me and may my daughter and I always stay close to you.

9. TDA

Saint Martha,
    Thank you so much for coming through for me. I will sleep and concentrate so much better knowing that I will be able to work in a safe environment. I love you and appreciate all the assistance that you have provided.
    Sincerely,
    Your devotee - TDA

10. Tammy

Saint Martha,
    Thank you for helping me through some difficult times. I love you and appreciate all the assistance you have provided.
    Your devotee - Tammy

11. M

Thank you for this article and please help me to follow in your footsteps. Help me to serve someone today.

12. Mary

Dear St. Martha,
    We are studying you this year in school. Please help me to be the best teacher I can be for my students. Help me to be patient and to serve others as you did.

13. Pat Johnson

This was one of the best articles I have come across on Saint Martha. Thank you.

14. Laura

I love Saint Martha. She is with me always. I wear her medal and feel a closeness to her I cannot explain. She has always helped me and is very special. I hope someday to meet her in heaven. Many times I have been distressed and I just close my eyes and ask for her guidance and she helps and comforts me. She is a remarkable Saint and please know your prayers will be answered by her intercession. God bless all.

15. Mary

Thanks you for hearing my prayers.
    Amen

16. John

Yesterday, July 29, 2013, was the feast day of St. Martha. It also was the day that my wife was scheduled to have surgery to insert an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD). Last week she had a heart attack but was brought back by a nurse using CPR and the shock paddles. Yesterday morning I prayed to St. Martha on her feast day, asking her to watch over my wife's surgery. At about 4 pm, I was summoned to the recovery room where my wife lay motionless with an oxygen mask on and IV tubes going into each arm. There were various sensors attached to her and showing blips on a monitor. I had no idea of what was going on or what to expect. The door suddenly opened and a nurse walked in. She looked me straight in the eye and said, "Your wife is fine." Then, she reached out to shake my hand and as she did, she said, "My name is Martha, I'll be taking care of your wife from here on out." Need I say more?

17. Robin Springer

This article made me happy!

18. mike white jr

dear st Martha, I hope you can answer and help my mom. she needs to believe again please pray for her thank you mike. help her to have her special pray anwsered

19. lillian anderson

I am new t learning apraying to st Martha , since I started my novena to her I feel she is restoring my hope and faith again. I will contune to pray to st Martha and do the lords work by helping as many as I can. thank you st Martha. please hear my pray and pray for me / lillian

20. AB

Dear St.Martha,
    Please help me to resolve current 'situation' in my personal life and Thank you so much for all your help and support you have given to me in some of the difficult times!