St. Martha Comments

"Jesus loved Martha and Mary and Lazarus." This unique statement in John's gospel tells us of the special relationship Jesus had with Martha, her sister, and her brother. Apparently Jesus was a frequent guest at Martha's home in Bethany, a small village two miles from Jerusalem. We read of three visits in Luke 10:38-42, John 11:1-53, and John 12:1-9. Many of us find it easy to identify with Martha in the story Luke tells. ... Continue Reading

1. lesley davies

May I have the answer to my health problems and finances to improve as quickly as possible and peace in my life for me and my family.

2. Tom Kearns

See the beautiful Novena to St Martha (lighted candle every Tuesday and prayer for your intention over 9 Tuesdays).

3. Dorothy Bonick

I had my sister, Martha. She was truly like Martha in the bible. I miss her. May she be serving Jesus in heaven.

4. J Christian

Saint Martha pray for us all; pray when our brothers and sisters excel we may enjoy to behold their success; pray when they are fallen down we may help them to rise up; pray we may serve as best we can at the bright Wedding Feast of the Lamb in shining new Jerusalem, Alleluia, Amen

5. Charlles Nunes

Today is my birthday (July 29th), and how surprised I was to discover that it is Saint Martha's Day, as 'Martha' is also my wife's name!

Thank you for this useful Web site!

6. Lawrence M. Chun

A well-written article on St. Martha, sister of Mary Magdalene and Lazarus.

7. SR. LORENZO, SMI

The details I want to know about St. Martha is clearly writen. thanks!

8. elise

Martha was a very graceful woman and is my confirmation name. this site was very helpful for dote points i could use for my speech