St. Maria Goretti Comments

Born in Corinaldo, Ancona, Italy, on October 16 1890; her farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. Her father died of malaria and her mother had to struggle to feed her children. In 1902 an eighteen-year-old neighbor, Alexander, grabbed her from her steps and tried to rape her. When Maria said that she would rather died than submit, Alexander began stabbing her with a knife. As she lay in the hospital, she ... Continue Reading

1. Abraham

St. Maria Goretti's life is a real challenge to the young children of today.

2. alliza10

i try my best to find this now i found it i search everyday for this :)

3. abbie logue

Maria Goretti is the most saddening story i have every heard! she is my idol her name is my confirmation name bc her story touches my heart

4. Jenitta Johny

I think she's very inspiring. I am admired by her story. she's great!

5. Genesis Valencia

I love Maria I was touched by her story and i think she is very brave and im 12 right now and I chose her as my confirmation name and I love the name Maria.

6. Margarita

Maria Gorettis' story totally inspired me cuz she chose to stay pure and die then to live with the sin that wouldn't have been her fault.

7. alexxus

i can't believe she stood up to him like that! she is an amazing person

8. Alex

wow. She is so inspiring. I'm using Maria for my Confirmation!

9. Raychel

i think that maria is one of the most inspiring people i have ever heard of....shes my new idol and im definitely choosing for her for conformation!

10. toni

i chose her for confirmation, i had to do some research , she is an amazing person , she is my idol , she defiantly deserves to be a saint , im glad shes part of my name too(:

11. Cammie

Oh, wow. She definitely deserves to be a saint.

12. Rachel

Wow she is incredible im choosing her for confirmation i just dont know how i will be able to read my report in front of 2nd graders

13. Selena

Oh gosh, after checking out all female saints. I'll choose her. :)

14. Brianna Garcia

i would never have the guts to forgive someone for raping and killing me. i choose her for my confirmation.

15. caralee

i chose her for my confirmation project

16. alyce

Ever since i was in middle school, i thought maria was such a good example, and even in high school today i still pick her for my saints day reports

17. Rose McKenna

I love St. Maria Goretti. She is a bright example for today's society.

18. Miranda

This is my favorite saint and i picked her for my essay!!! :)

19. Cecilia

this is y i chose her!

20. lilshawtyy

omg i chosse dizz saint fer a class essay