St. Maria Goretti Comments

Born in Corinaldo, Ancona, Italy, on October 16 1890; her farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. Her father died of malaria and her mother had to struggle to feed her children. In 1902 an eighteen-year-old neighbor, Alexander, grabbed her from her steps and tried to rape her. When Maria said that she would rather died than submit, Alexander began stabbing her with a knife. As she lay in the hospital, she ... Continue Reading

1. Maggie

I am taking Maria as my confirmation name! God bless!

2. emily

a truly inspirational saint definately taking Maria as my confirmation
    name. going to be honoured to wear maria as my confirmation name.
    and wear it with pride i shall. an amazing role model

3. MARGIE

St. Maria because of you I will keep the children who are sexually abused each and everyday in my prayers. Please in Jesus' name help these children and keep them in our prayers. Let's fight to protect our gifts from God...Our beautiful children.

4. aine

i was born on her feast day im choosing her as my confirmation name in feburary

5. Thomson Philip

St Maria Goretti, be with me always in my daily life, guide me and be there for me in my loneliness. be at my side and pray for me and pray with me to our Lord Jesus Christ. Give me your courage and strength to stay away from sin and the temptations of the world. I love you and be my lover of my life, Love you my dearest saint. You are simply wonderful.

6. Hannah

maria is my friend !she is a ghost and she told me she died from a tram hitting her.she is my age and my whole family can she ghosts

7. stevo

My priest friend lent me a relic of St. Maria Goretti, it`s a piece of her flesh. I hold it over my heart and pray for purity of heart and forgiveness. Parents need to be aware that Satan is using the internet and especially things like facebook to lead their children into impurity. Even if you have something like Safe Eyes it can`t block conversations on social networking sites. Be dilligent also when they go to their friends houses or use their smart or I phones what they and what their friends are saying. Emails, texting, chatting, etc. can be a good thing but we as parents need to look out for our chidren.

8. mandy

I was told about saint maria through my priest and ever since he told me about it i wanted to know more about her and come to know her. As I read this article i feel like it lifted me in alot of ways. one way was to always forgive no mattter the circumstance. I,m glad I was able to hear about saint maria what a truley inspiring saint and I hope to become like her in time.

9. wyonna

i was browsing the internet so that i could chose a saint for my confirmation. i came across the name MARIA GORETTI and started searching for information on it. when i read the above article, i had tears in my eyes. she went through a lot for a girl of age 12. may god bless her soul and i am also going to choose her as my confirmation saint. each and every girl should be like her, strong willed and determined not to lose her chastity at any cost whether you have to die for it or not. after all our body is GOD's temple. GOD dwells in us.

10. lucero

i am saint goreti for saint day

11. McKenzie

I want her as my confirmation saint

12. BENJAMIN M. PARADEZA

I rented a movie about the life of St. Maria Goretti from PiusMedia.com, it was a good one. I needed some more information about her and I found it in this article, thank you.
    ST. MARIA GORETTI PRAY FOR US!!!!

13. Grace

Saint Maria Goretti pray for us, all of us no matter what sins we have commmitted. Those who sin, need people like you in their lives the most. I wish to be a saint like you someday.

14. dominique

st maria is going to be my confirmation name
    she is such a good role model

15. alyssa

st.maria is so pretty she is right thogh

16. C

Pray for me, Saint Maria Goretti.

17. parker h

this is touching. i started crying when i read this...

18. John Harrison Okpara from Nigeria

Blessed are you Maria Goretti my lovely virgin saint.Pray for my family that we may imitate you every day of our life here on earth and attain to eternal life in Heaven to adore God with you for ever.Amen.

19. Rebecca

St.Maria is my knew confirmaition name!

20. brett fentress

Jesus is Lord
    ROMANS 10:9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.