St. Maria Goretti Comments

Born in Corinaldo, Ancona, Italy, on October 16 1890; her farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. Her father died of malaria and her mother had to struggle to feed her children. In 1902 an eighteen-year-old neighbor, Alexander, grabbed her from her steps and tried to rape her. When Maria said that she would rather died than submit, Alexander began stabbing her with a knife. As she lay in the hospital, she ... Continue Reading

1. meee

thats my saint name in class

2. Raj Ambrose

Dear Virgin Saint,

I am a filthy sinner who is tied to the lunatic of lust. How bold and courageous you were to choose death to sin! Kindly pray for me that I would be freed from this lunatic and never again give into lustful thoughts. Help me to lead a holy life free from sin. Amen.

3. Bee

St. Maria is my Confirmation Saint. I have always admired her courage and forgiveness, since the fourth grade.

4. jakie

I love her & she was a very wonderful young girl.

5. uk

hw i wish i was able to live her life style**** Maria pray for me that i may live a life what emolating just like yours amen

6. Kafeero Teddy Melinda

I one time had a dream when I had stomarch pain, some nun sent me to buy some tomatoes and on the way coming back I remembered that I had forgotten the some of the things sister sent me for. I turned back then I met a Lady and told him that I have forgetten some of the things in one of the shops here, she told me she knew where they were but the pain wa much. I went to her house and stayed but complaining of the serious pain. So she called her daughter called Gorret to escort back to the convent. On the way she picked some herbs and gave me to mix and drink. In the morning I asked one of the nuns coz I had seen the herb in the dream and got to know it. When I asked the nun in the morning abt the herbs she asked me are u in your periods den I answered yes. I got the herbs mixed and drunk I became ok.

7. Dympna

Thank God for the special gift of Maria Goretta's life and the sacrifice of her life for Christ, please Saint Maria powerfully intercede before God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit for my two sons,for their conversion. Thank you St Maria Goretta's.

8. sandra shevlin

st maria goretti please bring peace and happiness to my mother and my family and be with us alway amen.

9. Teisy

Saint Maria Goretti please pray for me and my family so we may be live like you and make God happy, Amen

10. Sarah

thank you for everything you have done

11. Liz

This girl is truly brave!

12. kaylynn

I love her!

13. roxie

st.Maria goretti is my role model i admire her courage.She has an encouraging history to be remembered by all shoul read st Rosalia who lived in the wilderness.

14. prince chris mmaduputa

she is to be imitated by our youths today.

15. christian

her story touches my heart everytime i read this im picking her as my saint

16. kinley

Love her I go to school at St. Maria Goretti

17. Mary

I have just visited St Maria Goretti Basillica in Nettuna and had Mass on her alter she is my Confirmation Saint and my grand daughter is getting Confirmed later this year and she is taking her for her Confirmation Saint May God Bless both of them.

18. megen

i will pick her

19. Beth

St. Maria Goretti is my confirmation name. Im proud to say that. Please prey for my family when they need it.Thankyou.Amen.....

20. Gigi

St. Maria Goretti has always been close to my family through prayers and various miracles that she has bestowed upon us. Thank you St Maria Goretti! I pray that she'll continue to intercede for us with our present turmoils. Please pray for us.... Amen.