St. Maria Goretti Comments

Born in Corinaldo, Ancona, Italy, on October 16 1890; her farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. Her father died of malaria and her mother had to struggle to feed her children. In 1902 an eighteen-year-old neighbor, Alexander, grabbed her from her steps and tried to rape her. When Maria said that she would rather died than submit, Alexander began stabbing her with a knife. As she lay in the hospital, she ... Continue Reading

1. Blade and Blood

I have proudly taken Maria Goretti as my Catholic saint name. ^^ Ever since, I feel like her reincarnation. :P A proud feeling because I have her kind and forgiving heart... so what if I'm a little darker. ;)

This was a very helpful source for me. :)

Ironically Yours. <3

2. Remy

Hi Im remy and I post a comment last time and its not here! And I think that this website is so interesting because we had to do this project and we had to pick our own saints and chose Maria because shes a good model to everyone..... Thank u

3. lois saah ntim

I LOVE HER PURITY. SHE IS MY PATRONESS AND MY ROLE MODEL FOR GUIDING MY LIFE AS A YOUTH.

4. melissa

yes, at school my teacher said that i have to pick a saint name and didn't know what to pick so i picked saint maria. there are saint cecilia, saint flora, saint anne, saint eliazabeth but i wanted to pick this instead.

5. francel

her story is so wonderful. She is My report..

6. Jim

Happy name (Confirmation) day, Kat!!!
    Peace.

7. Nino

She is so needed today..in a world of worship of the flesh seems paramount..I am blessed to have a first class relic of this most cherished child of God.

8. Marian Magno

Hello My name is Marian Magno i'm serching you because my Christian Living Teacher said to search you...

9. Jensen

Maria is the saint that i find the most inspiring...she seems to be the one that most teen girls can look up to!

10. Charlotte

A Really Inspiring Story. This girl has been through alot.