St. Maria Goretti Comments

Born in Corinaldo, Ancona, Italy, on October 16 1890; her farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. Her father died of malaria and her mother had to struggle to feed her children. In 1902 an eighteen-year-old neighbor, Alexander, grabbed her from her steps and tried to rape her. When Maria said that she would rather died than submit, Alexander began stabbing her with a knife. As she lay in the hospital, she ... Continue Reading

1. -R

You inspired me Maria. I love you and im thinking about using you for conformation this year!

2. Jade Brangeham

Maria inspires me to be a much better person, I am not Catholic I am Church of England, I think Maria gives a good example on how to be brave and forgivable.

3. Peter

I really appreciate Maria Goretti for her strengh against the sin and her forgiveness.
    she is a good example for young girls for standing in good position.

4. Elissa Kasper

I am related to St.Maria Goretti my great great grandfather was her cousin.

5. Rach

i think this was very helpful and i love maria

6. R

I love this saint. I even picked her for my Confirmation name! I love how she had the courage to say no and to forgive her murderer! I want to be more like her!

7. Emmanuel sixtus from lagos in nigeria.

St.maria goretti is a youth like me. i always try my best possible to emulate her,we are in a jet age so i believe it's hard for some us to be like her. i pray dat st.maria will give we the youth the intercession we need to overcome temptations. amen. ST.MARIA GORETTI, PRAY FOR US ALL.

8. sumedha sanjeewa ranaweera

She help's me. I know she will.

9. Maggie

I'm gonna pick her too! I just barely heard why she is a great saint and what her purpose was. She is very unique! Pray for us!

10. vanessa

i truly admire her! i think i'm going to pick her for my confirmation saint!

11. Pamela

Love reading all the posts, I grew up hearing the stories of Maria, I am descendant of hers. We have several Maria Goretti's in the family and several Maria's. We also have a few Asuntas (her mothers name) in the family.

12. goretti

..nice to know her story..c': my birthday is her feast day..

13. yana

aww... forgiving is great, isn't it??

14. sha-sha

she iz a strong saint!! she forgave alexander for what he did wow thats incredible it takes a strong heart to do sumthin like that

15. aww

I really adore maria. that is my grandmother's name, and my middle name. I am doing a project on u and i cant wait!! This is the 2nd year in a row that i have a saint project, and the second year in a row i chose u!!! i am really inspired by u. U were a tough, dedicated child to god. THANX. i luv u and hope for u to visit me like a miracle. but, PRAY AND LIVE ON!

16. sara hilpert

I think that she was very strong and nobel, because she was not afraid to die.
    P.S. SHE WAS 12 WHEN SHE DIED!

17. kyla

she died July 2nd 1902 in the hospital, she became a saint on July of 1950.

18. adri

who wrote this article?? i need to know for my saint report for confirmation!

19. Katarina vermes

Please send me the answer on oct.31.

20. Katarina verms

When did St.Maria Goretti die. The date only if she died. What was the date she became a saint.