St. Maria Goretti Comments

Born in Corinaldo, Ancona, Italy, on October 16 1890; her farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. Her father died of malaria and her mother had to struggle to feed her children. In 1902 an eighteen-year-old neighbor, Alexander, grabbed her from her steps and tried to rape her. When Maria said that she would rather died than submit, Alexander began stabbing her with a knife. As she lay in the hospital, she ... Continue Reading

1. Maria Isnard

very interesting and brave on her part

2. maria

i picked this saint for my confirmation class she is very special in her own ways she's the best!!!

3. baby boy 3000

wow this girl is so brave and cool .... man she got that swaga

4. Roisin

i am going to be a saint at my school and i picked her i love this girl so much she is very brave and in inspiration to me and all of my classmates and my teacher loves her to and that is why i picked her!

5. Megan

this girl is brave and a inspiration. i love this girl

6. mikayla

she is a inspiration

7. Sara

SHE ROCKS!!!!!!

8. ssenkungu Mugagga

I am grateful to have this beautiful information about St Maria and I knowing such encouraging news will not leave me the same as a youth. Peace and Love of God be with you now and for ever.

9. josua

i believe she one of the most amazing people ever!

10. grace

what touched me most was her matured character even at her age.everyone on the farmland was proud of her. By her death things changed at the farmland: the mean farm owner's attitude towards his wife and laboreres, and the young priest encouragement in his choice of vocation. What an example for all class of people!

11. Eucharia

I am happy to learn more about St. Maria Goretti. Am going to teach about her life to the children in my class in the church.

12. Mariel Llanura

i thought Alexander will be evil 4 ever but he changed and i was touched

13. byiepap

oh, we watched d movie dis afternoon, cuz its d feast day and d name of our section was named after her... I-St. Maria Goretti or simply I-SMG... itx so very touching... i almost cried in d end... she is too young to hve experienced something like that...

14. JEIN ARIELLIE

poor saint maria goretti we will miss you.

15. melisa

los felicito por la gran pelicula de maria goretty

16. Maurizio Antonio Borgese

Im Having Confirmation in Term 3 And Im Choosing padre pio as my saint

17. Emily

I am being Confirmed next May and I choose St. Maria Goretti. Thanks for the article, but I'm with Cara form around St. Louis, it needs more info.

18. Luz

I'm getting confirmed in May & she's my saint =]

19. Maria B

I am being confirmed in the beginning of May, and I chose this saint as my saint name. She is such a role model and she truly inspires me. But I agree, this article could use a little more detail, but thank you for the helpful reference!

20. Cara from around St.Louis

Well, I am getting confirmed in April and I have a saint report due on the 25th. I have been doing some research on Saint Maria Goretti, thanks for this article, but it needs some more info.