St. Luke Comments

Luke, the writer of the Gospel and the Acts of the Apostles, has been identified with St. Paul's "Luke, the beloved physician" (Colossians 4:14). We know few other facts about Luke's life from Scripture and from early Church historians. It is believed that Luke was born a Greek and a Gentile. In Colossians 10-14 speaks of those friends who are with him. He first mentions all those "of the circumcision" -- in other words, ... Continue Reading

1. spok

This guy's cool

2. JOSE CANO

I HAD TO DO A REPORT ON THIS SAINT FOR HOMEWORK SOME OF MY FRIENDS SAY IM LUCKY CAUSE I GOT ST.LUKE BUT I DIDNT REALLY CARE BUT ITS ACTUALLY PRETTY INTERESTING

3. hi

I'm picking him for a project

4. Ethan po

I am named after you so I chose you for my school research project

5. leon

This was not helpful at all

6. bobman

Ive got a project due nov 9 do u have web sites.

7. collin

this is for my school project

8. CRISILDA

THIS INFORMATION WAS USEFUL FOR ME FOR THE BIBLE QUIZ CONDUCTED IN OUR PARISH PRAISE THE LORD.

9. Kelsey

My Grandmother recently had heart surgery. It went well, but they found a blood clot in her brain afterward. They were able to dissolve it, but she is now unresponsive, and there is a good chance she will never respond again. St. Luke, I have called my guardian angel after you, and prayed for the past few nights. Please, let Dr. Lee help my grandmother.

10. zach

have you Heard about the wordevery body knows that the bird is the word Bird bird bird ba birds the ya bird bird bird ba birds the word ya Bird bird bird ba birds the ya bird bird bird ba birds the word have you heard about the wordevery body knows that the bird is the word

11. C.E.Warren

The evangelist under reference is indeed a gifted and prolific writer. Certainly, am immensely benefited by his writings and the marvelous works recorded in the gospel. Personally, my vocabulary has increased. My sincere and humble thanks to this legendary saint.
    praise the Lord.

C.E.Warren

12. Judith Steele

Today: October 18 is the feast day of St. Luke.
    I listened this morning to the homily by the priest during Daily Mass on EWTN. I then googled on my PC for additional St. Luke information. I came across your website for the first time, and as I read about Luke, I realized it sounded a lot like today's homily-- almost verbatim. This encouraged me to place Catholic Online on my "favorites" as a trusted source. Thank you.

13. Carmel Mallia

Interesting. What I can't understand is how St Paul who, it seems, was a bosom friend of Luke, who in turn wrote so much about the life of Jesus and Mary, writes nothing about Jesus'life, except that He was crucified, died and was risen again, and nothing more.
    There is something fishy here. St Paul, who was a staunch follower of Christ, knows nothing, or at least seems to know nothing of Christ's life!
    Even about Mary, Christ'a mum. Paul says nothing about her, except that Jesus was born of woman.
    Is it possible that Paul wanted to hide something? But what?************

14. maggie

Indeed good message in the gospel of St. Luke, thanks God that through St. Luke Mary mother of the Holy church was revealed as a great icon to the well being of the Church.

15. Dan G

Luke has been my favorite Gospel since I started my personal Bible study. I knew of some of the facts listed; others were new information which confirmed why Luke holds a special place in my heart. Outstanding piece! Keep up the good work!

16. Violet

St Luke, after reading about you ,I 've developed great respect and regard especially at your concern for the poor and needy.St Luke please help me to follow your foot steps in being sensitive to the needs of those in distress.Choose me as an instrument to fulfill your intentions. Help me to be always at the holy feet of Mother Mary seeking for her blessings to the widows, their children, alcoholic families, desserted elderly,women ,children,refugies, prisoners, accused,sick,childless couples,all those awaiting for right judgement and all those who have none other than Jesus Christ alone to help them come out of sorrow and darkness.Pray for me my good St Luke.

17. clemente

Jacki D I search the saint that holding a club that you written on your message it was jude the apostle read his story here in google...^^god bless

mabuhay

18. Fr. Joseph Wales Raja

It was useful and quite informative

19. joe

I am doing saint Luke for a report and he is awsome

20. mary kathryn

this is great info for my report