St. Sabina Comments

St. Sabina's feast day is August 29th. We know St. Sabina only through legend, and there is some question as to its trustworthiness. Even the century in which she lived is unknown. Supposedly Sabina was converted to Christianity by her Syrian servant Serapia. During the persecution of Emperor Hadrian, Serapia suffered martyrdom for her Christian Faith. It is believed that St. Sabina was murdered for the Faith about a month later. The reknowned ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew

St. Sabina, please remember me in your prayers.

2. fleet general unknown usmc usnf *****

29/30th aug 2013:st sabina pray for us.

3. Sabina Num

Myth or legend is not an issue as the church would not just see a particular name and add 'Saint' to it if an individual was not canonized. Please church Historians dig and tell us more as she must have done wonderful things to warrant her being canonized. I love St. Sabina and would have loved to know more of her works as a guide to my own life. St. Sabina pray for me that my faith will grow from strength to strength. Amen

4. SABINA Onyekaokwu

ST. SABINA my Matron Saint, pls kindly pray for me to live my life according to God's will. Amen.

5. sabina

im very thankful that i have also my saint name.im sabina and my birthday is august 29

6. Joseph Mathew

St. Sabina, Please pray for me to lead a life, that is pleasing to God always.

7. sabina

I love the saint Sabina: I feel this week very happy and strong. Thanks!!!
    I am Sabina anno 2012.

8. christie

Santa Sabina pray for us on your feast day. My summer holidays are coming to an end. I thank God for the joys of parenthood and family that I've enjoyed. I praise Him for His contant protection and blessings. May God bless me for the beginning of my school year. Give me patience and wisdom so that I may speak and act wisely. Bless all my students with a love of learning. Grant me great graces, innovation, creativity in preparing and delivering my lessons. Amen.

9. veronica

St Sabina please pray for us to have persevereance in prayer and to have a strong faith.

10. Sabina Egejuru

Today i finally read about you after being called sabina for 35 years . Pray for me Saint Sabina

11. cici

i love st sabina

12. sabina

hi there

just to answer sabrina for her question..........its St.Sabina not Sabrina thats 2 completly different names!!!!!!!!!

its a shame that we know so little about St.Sabina:((

13. Sabrina

Hi, my name is sabrina, i was wondering what is her Real name? Is it just Saint Sabrina, because i can't find anything on it. Im doing a project on her.

14. Brad Young

"...as to it's trustworthiness..."
    Your English teacher here:
    the possessive form of "it" is "its" (no apostrophe).
    So the third line of your text should read
    "...as to its trustworthiness..."
    "It's" is only a contraction of "it is" or "it has."

15. Valda

My brothers wifes name is Sabina, St. Sabina pray for us

16. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Sabina, Please pray for us!

17. Mary

I believe my mother would love St. Sabina :) (no disrespect meant here at all.) I would love to learn more about her.

18. Christie

Santa Sabina, I've visited your beautiful Romanesque church in Aventine, Rome. I remember that the Dominican priests take care of it. There was a little gift shop and some books to browse. Pray for us that we appreciate the opportunities that God gives us to renew our Faith, receive His graces and relive memories of our special faith journeys. Thank you for the safe travel I've had and the opportunities to visit my daughters. Keep them and their families safe. Heal all children born with disabilities, that they learn, progress and flourish. Amen.

19. michael fernandez

Aug 29th is celebrated as the martyrdom of John the Baptist. I was searching about St. John the Baptist but I got another info about St. Sabina. Thank you for the information.
    God made everyone great and it is we who has to prove that One is great. God bless me to prove great in my life.

20. Sabina P.

My name actually is Sabina and it is interesting to read about my namesake on this website. I was raised in a very observant Catholic home, attended Catholic school from K thru University and was taught that St. Sabina was a virgin & martyr (thankfully, I am neither of those). This site does not mention that St. Sabina was a virgin at the time of her martyrdom, which seems to be the highest status a woman could aspire to. I would be interested to know which male saints were virgin martyrs, too. Does anyone know? This bio frankly points out that St. Sabina's actual existence is only based on legend and unreliable sources and that makes me wonder why some commenters would pray or praise her when there is no evidence of St. Sabina'a actual existence or of miracles attributable to her.

Also, a suggestion to "richard lewis" above who kindly pointed out the incorrect usage of the word "it's" in St. Sabina's bio: If you wish to be the grammar police, please learn when to capitalize words.

In closing, thank you to whomever maintains this fascinating site about the Saints.

Sabina P.