St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. dominique

when my aunty was six years old her brother shot her in the eye with a beebee gun well my great grampa louie went to saint lucy's statue in mexico and prayed he said " please dont let her loose her eye if you help her i will walk on my knees to your statue and bring you flowers" so when my aunty didn't loose her eye he kept his word and walked on his knees on bricks and rocks to bring the flowers that he promised her so thank you saint lucy as my great grandfather once said

2. Ruth Ann

Please St. Lucy hear my prayer for my dad, Joseph. He's having strokes in his one eye.. Also, please heal my friends eyes. Her name is Evelyne and she has eye problems due to diabetes.. In Jesus name.. Amen

3. Maggie

I am so glad to find out more about this wonderful saint and other people who do to!

4. luzynthia torres

PLEASE help my dad.. he is having caterac surgery like right about now. please help him through it.. for him not to be stressed.. his eye sight is bad please help him.. he is going through a rough time please saint lucy .
    AMEN!

5. Mary M.

Saint Lucy,

Please help me during this time of need. thank you.

6. ashi21

st.lucy u rule!!!!!!!!!!

7. hannah montana

this should have more info much more how are people gonna use this site?

8. annette Baehr

Please help my daughter get her eye sight back in one eye
    She cannot seeat all in one eye.Had several surgerys did not work.
    Had macular degeneration.Please help her St lucy.
    Thank you fromthe bottom of my heart..

9. alli

i had a assignment that i need to have a martyr saint and i love st.lucy so i did her

10. Lucy Crockett

For homework i had to write about my fav saint. Can you guess who i chose?my name is a saints name!!!!!

11. anounamous

i am taking the name lucy for my conformation lucy is my fav. saint

12. Lucy

I have the Same name of a saint. WOW!!

13. nancy

St. Lucy,
    Pray for me, my father and our eyes !

14. Claire

Dear St Lucy i would to pray for all the people who need care with their eyes

15. Kim

Lucy the light and way please help my grandpa to see again, to see me and God's love. Please let him see. you are the Saint of blindness, so please pray for him and pray to God. In your name I pray to Christ and so that my grandpa may see again. Amen

16. angelique

St. Lucy, please pray that my mom will have a successful eye surgery tomorrow and that she will regain her eye sight again.

17. Sabrina Kong

Dear Saint Lucy, please pray for my eyes to be freed from eye diseases and eye discomforts. - Amen.

18. Lucy Nneka

Dear St. Lucy,

Please pray for my Mother's eye problem. She is going blind. Do not allow our enemies to rejoice over us. Pray to Jesus for us, let my mother receive her sight within 2 weeks. You are the Saint of the blind, and those with eye problem, please I commit my mum into your care. I pray in Jesus name, Amen.

19. Patty

St. Lucy, please help heal the eyes of two people very dear to me. Joey's eyes need healing so he will grow up and have a normal life and Grandpa Warren's eyes needing healing so he can see his grandchildren grow up. -Amen

20. Gabby

St. Lucy, please help heal my grandmother's eyes with your intercession because she is going blind. Help her to cope with her blindness and to show her that life can still be happy without vision. -Amen