St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. Colin

Dear Saint Lucy, my daughter was born yesterday 13th Dec 2011. You are her patron saint. Please keep her in prayer. Guide her throughout her life. Make everything work out for her and please keep her in good health. Thank you. Amen

2. Lorna

Dear St Lucy, please intercede with the Lord for the healing of Roni's eyes after the surgery on each of his eyes for retinal detachment. We pray that his vision will be restored as best as possible. We also pray for all those who need and have asked for your help with their eye problems.
    Thank you Lord for all blessings and for sending St Lucy to us as a source of comfort and promise.

3. M

St. Lucy, I pray for your intercession in the lives of my parents, siblings, and ex boyfriend. May they be able to see that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the light. That they open their eyes and hearts to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I also ask that you pray for me that I may see and accept things as Jesus would like me to. I pray that those around me can see God's love shine through me. Thank you for your prayers and Happy Feast Day.

Love, peace, and blessings to all.

4. carlo ardovini

i have had two retinal detachments inthe last three and a half months first one was big surgery second one caught with minor gas bubble and laser please st lucy i entrust your powerful intercession for my eyes and as well as every other person who is suffering thankyou and jesus mary and joseph here all our prayers.

5. Donnatella

St. Lucy, Help them to all see. <3

6. Thomas

St. Lucy, I pray to you asking for my sight to return to me. I have been blind in my left eye since my retinal detachment on 04/01/2011. Please let your healing powers come over me and please protect my right eye from any future dangers.

7. Marifel

Dear St. Lucy, I pray for your intercession for my nephew to be able to see again. I pray this and ask mercy from Jesus. Amen.

8. Huera

St. Lucy, please protect my nephew from further loss of his vision. Heal him, as he is just 20 years old and just beginning to live. I've never prayed to a patron saint, but I'm worried and I know you've healed many. Amen.

9. Christie

St. Lucy, pray for my little grand daughter, caragh.

10. Ken

Dear St Lucy , please pray for Luciana and her great grandma Lucy. I will pray for them as well.

11. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Lucy, Please pray for me. It is all that I ask from you. Thank you!

12. S.G.

HAPPY FEAST DAY ST. LUCY!!! PLEASE CONTINUE TO BLESS US ALL W/GOOD HEALTH N HAPPINESS. I THANK U N I LOVE U! AMEN!!

13. lucy chege

I love my self very much more so my name may God bless all Lucy's to be like their Saints.

14. chet bas

happy feast day st lucy. please help my mom with the pain in her eyes. also please help me, my grandpa and family members with our eyesight. thank you

15. Lucinda (Lucy) Duarte

I have to write a report for my confirmation and my teacher suggested st. lucy of course ima pick her i love my name and now theres a st named lucy of course ima pick her i love my name love itx1000000000000000000 i just hate that others have the same names as me and dnt know how cool it is to be named lucy!!!!!!1

16. Anita

St. Lucy please pray for me and my mom. We both suffered from Macular Degeneration and Diabetes. Please help us to get a cure and protect our other family member away from that diseases. Thank you.

17. Trish

Dear Saint Lucy, I humbly ask you to intercede, through our Blessed Father, on my behalf to help cure my eye sight or for it to not to deteriorate any further. Thank you.

18. Tasha

I'm doing St. Lucy as my confirmation saint and this helped out a lot though it could have a bit more info.

19. james edward gerard fox

please pray to dear saint lucy to totally stop the rolling up effect i have with my eyes - it makes me worry and puts me under too much stress

20. tina

My wife found that she has Macular Degenerative in her left eye ,she went to a specilst,gat a shot in her eye,she has to go back in a month,hope you can help her,her mother went blind with that disease,please help my wife Saint Lusy