St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. Charlotte

I am using Lucy for my conformation name. Her story is great

2. KAITLIN

right now i have st lucy as a confirmation saint i picked her because i also have eye problems at first i did not think this would be fun but once i got to learn about her it was fun and she is the saint i always pray to so i would inspire future 5,6,7,8, or 9 graders to pick her as a confirmation saint

3. shannah

very usful thanks for all this information on ST.Lucy

4. tim

Dear St. Lucy.

Please watch over my mother who has vision problems in both eyes. Please heal her eyes so she may see better.

I love you.

Tim

5. christina

i will pray for all of u

6. Mary

Thank you St Lucy for your prayers for my son, Andy. He was offered the job he applied for. Please keep him in your prayers that it changes his world for the better. The power of prayer is so great. I will pass your name on.

7. Lisa

I pray to St. Lucy that she help my friend who is a saintly priest and is suffering from glaucoma and cataracts, in fear of losing his sight. I ask that you intercede for him and help him keep the sight that he uses to proclaim the words of our Lord and to help him to continue being a person who has helped many others in their need. Amen.

8. christian paul dela cruz

dear st. Lucy, i love you so much and i am greetfully adore you as one of my patron that i love the most. please help other people to become one of the believers of Crist may you touch their eyes to open thier mind that only Jesus is the truth the light and everything..

9. kat

Dear St Lucy, please intercede with the Lord for the healing of my mother's left eye.
    She is having surgery for retinal detachment tomorrow. We pray that her vision will be restored as best as possible. We also pray for all those who need and have asked for your help with their eye problems. Thank you Lord for all blessings and for sending St Lucy to us as a source of comfort .

10. Mary

Dear St. Lucy, (my sister's name sake) Please pray that Andrew's eye examination goes well for him and helps him acquire the job he applied for. He was told that color vision was not an issue but they are making him undergo more exams tomorrow. He is feeling down and dejected. Please help him with you prayers. I will make your name known to others

11. charlie

a friend told me about st lucy as i am going in for eye surgery next week...i ask that st lucy guide the hands of the doctors so that my sight will be returned to normal....thank you charlie

12. Lucia Leung

Dear St. Lucy,
    Thanks for your intercession. The condition of my daughter's eye sight is stable now. I will keep praying for her and please keep her in your prayer and ask God to have mercy on her and bless her with a good eye sight.
    Amen

13. Richard Abel

My Mother's name is Lucy, she passed October 6,2011, her birthday is October 23,1926. She remains in my HEART, my SOUL and in my MIND constantly. She is my BEST FRIEND. I feel that I will mourn her for a long time

14. Gabriella

I have chosen Saint Lucy to be my confirmation saint. I will take her name with pride. She has such an ispirational story.

15. Karen

Had the privilege of seeing st Lucy in her glass coffin in the church in Venice. I do not have eye problems, but said a quick prayer about a diabetic ulcer on my toe that had been treated by doctors for 4 years. I looked at Lucy's feet, with no shoes on & thought of all the rough terrain she had to tolerate with no shoes. Her feet were in rough shape. My prayer was quick, as the church was closing for the afternoon. Within 2 days the ulcer was gone, verified by one of my doctors, who said it was a "nice story." with all the walking we did around Europe, I had expected the ulcer to remain or maybe get worse. Thank you st Lucy for making me smile about your feet & the joy of experiencing this special undeserved Grace&blessing. I ask for your Blessed intercession for the others who so much would appreciate the touch that they can attribute to you.

16. Luciana Plastina dacosta

My name is Luciana and I was born on December 13 1968. Because I was born on that day my parents named me after the saint Lucia. As you know it's my birthday and my name sake. I am blessed to be part of this beautiful lady!

17. Lucia

My names Lucia so this is my patron saint. I just love how courageous and brave she is

18. maria

im doing a report on this saint!

19. francisca

Santa lucia may u remember all that have eye problem.

20. Colin

Dear Saint Lucy, my daughter was born yesterday 13th Dec 2011. You are her patron saint. Please keep her in prayer. Guide her throughout her life. Make everything work out for her and please keep her in good health. Thank you. Amen