St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. eva ratilla

Thank you for your intercessions in making me regain my vision afar so i can read from a distance and see vistas . Hope my night vision also improves...nevertheless - am so thankful for such blessings on 12 12 12 eve of your feast day.

2. christopher

please pray for me and my family St.lucy please help my familys eyesight
    god bless all Amen

3. Duane

St Lucy, the Blessed Mother and all the faithful, please pray for my daughter Anni who has Keratoconus and is slowing losing her eyesite. Due to other complications, she may not be a candidate for cornea transplants. Anni is a a young 25 years old with a big heart for the disadvantaged especially children. Anni is currently a student at Catholic Universitey of America studying to be a Social worker.

Please ask Jesus to send the Holy Spirit upon her and if it his Will cure Anni or stop the progression of her disease. With Hope, Thanks

4. Cynthia

My mother is having cataract surgery on December 13th of this year, I did not even know that ths was the Feast Day of St. Lucy, God is good. My mother lost sight in her right eye 5 years ago, she has what is called Giant Cell Artiritis and we have been praying for a miracle for God to restore her sight in that eye. My mother has now developed a cataract in her good eye and is scheduled for this surgury on Decemeber 13, 2012. Her cataract surgery was originally scheduled to occur this past August; however, she suffered a heart attack and had to undergo open heart surgery, during her recovery following her heart surgery, she accidently injured her foot and has to wear this huge boot, the boot was to be worn for 6 weeks, her 6 weeks have passed and she still needs to wear it; however, she was so hoping it would have been off before her surgery, but she now knows that this is not going to happen and she is fine with this. My family's prayer is that her eyesight is 20/20 once the cataract surgery is completed and that St. Lucy's intercession to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit will restore her vision in her right eye as well. Thank you for listening to me and thank you for your prayers!

5. Gabi

Is she the patron saint of authors too?

6. Carol Engel

St. Lucy please intercede on my dear sister's behalf. She is dealing with a condition that effects her vision. Through your intercession we pray that she finds the best medicine to control her condition so that her vision improves and stablizes so that she can live a complete and full life with good vision.

7. alyssa

This is a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Limia Kattil

Dear St.Lucy... ThAnk yOu fOr yOuR heLp anD fOr prAyiNg fOr uS !
    my prOjeCt wAs sOooO pErFeCt thAt mY Bible TeAchEr wAs sOoO
    hApPy abOut it... ThAnK yOu BIG TIME !!!!!!

9. lucy burns

it really helped on my project the teacher was really happy

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:]

10. kristina

Dear Saint Lucy
    TY 4 praying for us and being a brave example. Please pray for our spiritual eyes too. May Mitt Romney be our next president and abortion be stopped. Help us w/ Mother Mary to raise our children in the ways of the Lord and His Word even if the world sees it as restrictive and wrong.

11. booknerd

DR. ST.LUCY,
    I AM GETTING GLASSES. IS THAT A GOOD THING?

12. Kara Krouse

Kiersten is my sister. Also my brother has vision problems and we want it to get better. Please pray for Casey he is 13 years old. Thank you!

13. kiersten

Please keep my brother in your prayers His name is Casey only 12 years old and predicted to go blind in at least 5 years please pray. If some miracle happens it could save his sight.I know i am only ten but he is like my best friend and if he loses his sight it will be like me losing my best friend for life. Also MITT ROMNEY VOTE FOR HIM! Please keep him in your prayers and that mitt romney wins!
    P.S. You can donate to my brother on foundation fighting Blindness.com. Search for the team The Shooting Stargrauds[ I spelled that wrong] and make a donation. Please every penny counts to save sight. They also the vision walk every year! Please help casey and many others by donating. Thanks for reading!

14. salia boodram

please pray that my eyesight restores.....thank you its appreatieated

15. Brenda

Dear St. Lucy, Please pray for a miracle for my 2 sons, 3 brothers, 1 nephew and so far 3 great nephews that their eyesight be restore. Please ask God for his help. Thank you very much.

16. Nidia

St. Lucy, Please intercede on my mother"s behalf that her left eye by restored. She recently had cataract surgery done and is having slight discomfort afterward. Please help her with the intercession of Jesus Christ that she gets better and that she can be able to see better. I know that after a surgery like that there will be a couple of days of discomfort, but I hope and pray that she recovers soon. Thank you.

17. Joana Mesyl Lirio-Saligumba

Dearest St. Lucy,

You know how my condition on my right eye affects my way of life. I'm scared. But I know that everything is possible with God. Please help me pray that the scar on the center of my cornea be healed in His time. May I have the courage and patience to accept His Will. Please embrace me and perform a beautiful miracle on my right eye. Thanks.

Mhes

18. Agnes Kibira

St. Lucy pray for us.

19. matro rodriguez jr

dearest st lucy pray that my gandma and jims eyes may be healed by gods great love and mercy though your intercesiion i ask and ask u 2 ask mary most holy to pary with as well. amen

20. alexis currier

st lucy is wonderful she was stong and reliable