St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. Ashley

Saint Lucy is brave just like me

2. Katie

saint lucy was so brave i just love her!!

3. Halle Costello

I am writing about a saint in school and i chose saint Lucy because my grandmother is named Lucille.

4. Mary

I like what I read but I could use more like the legend when God restored her eyes.

5. Cassie

i love saint Lucy!!!! Im doing a project on her.

6. Alli

I love this saint. we r doing a proj. in religion and i picked her. Saint Lucy is so brave and courages.

7. Cassie

i love saint Lucy!!!! Im doing a project on her.

8. Lucy

my name is lucy and i turn 14 in a few days and i love this saint too. i really love her courage!

9. claudia

i thought the info was great, i am in grade six and i chose her to be my saint name for my confirmation. her bravery is incredible. i think she is a great saint and i look up ti her!

10. cassie

i loved this reading i am only 12 and i am learning all about saints because i put my time into going to church school every Monday. and we are making posters about are fave saints and i chose this one!

11. carly

thanks it was great info. i love st.lucy. shes a great person to look up to.

12. rhythmic_gymnast_heart73

I found this saint and i was touched by her bravery, so, i started researching on her. Now i'm doing a report on her and i chose her for my confirmation saint.

13. This_Nina_also_rox

I read about St. Lucy in second grade when I did a report on her then in 6th grade I remembered reading about her bravery so I chose her for my Confirmation saint. One day I hope to name my children after her (I hope that doesn't sound like, weird...).

14. shawtysay22

this is soo great :)

15. Nina_rox_da_world

i wish i was as brave as st lucy :( . she is an awesome saint and a person who i look up to.
    p.s this was very good info :) thanx

16. jacinta :)

your a legend i loveee you :)
    bhhhhhahaha

17. KIMBERLY PASTORFIDE

i love st lucy she is my favorite saint because i had a dream.

18. Anngelica

I had a dream about saint Lucy.Before this dream I really did not know about her. So for me yes this was very helpful thank you.

19. anngelica

i had a dream of saint lucy that i prayed before her image to protect me. i really dd not know of her. before this dream. that was a sign for me to do some research and begin working with her.

20. ruby

yeah same but it is great otherwise.
    GODBLESS