St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. LUCY (soon to be confirmation name)

i love this name. I've chosen it to be my confirmation name.

2. Paul A Johnson / RN

I have been led to this site to learn more about St. Lucy and thank you for the information.

3. a friend

Lucy was an incredible women. Her fight for the sac of god was impeccable, she stood up for what she believed was right, and did just that. Lucy will never be forgotten. For confirmation I chose her not just because she was brave, but because she showed me the way to people eve if they are special. Before when I saw someone special, I would cringe and feel sorry now I know that these people are just like us and they too can live life to the fullest.

4. robbie lutz

i love her she is my favorite.

5. lil

i love saint lucy. i am going to choose her as my conformation name it reminds me of my named lily. i wan to be like saint lucy! I have to do a project on my saint for confirmation and she will have a lot of positive information on her! i love you saint lucy!

6. lucy

i had to write about a saint for my homework this weekend as it is all saints day i chose saint lucy because i was named after her. i have found out what a brave person she was. i will try to be more like her.

7. natilie Goldfarb

this is cool :)

8. Lauryn

We are goeling to have a all saint prade and i am goeling to be saint Lucy thats you from Lauryn

9. anna

st .lucy is a very nice person she helps us alot love ya

10. ul

help! this report is hard!

11. kathryn Raynor

for halloween my school is dressing up like saints cause were catholic and i'm being saint lucy..she she a great saint to admire...

12. lucy

i love the story and yes i have the same name

13. sarah

this is a great site, but it needs more pictures

14. Katie

saint lucy is an amazing person she is so brave and heroic. i wish i could be as brave as her! im also doing her for my saint project and this is the info i need!

15. lover

saint lucy a hero a brave person i just LOVE her she is cool

16. arial

i love saint lucy she is so brave i am going to pick her for my conformation saint!!!

17. arila

i love saint lucy i am going to pick her for comformation.

18. lesae

i LOVE st.lucy bye

19. Ashley

Saint Lucy is brave just like me

20. Katie

saint lucy was so brave i just love her!!