St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. Tifany

I loved this all about st.lucy i would love to learn more.

2. Julia

St Lucy is amazing. My mom has eye problems and prays to her. I believe St. Lucy had lightened the way for many of us.

3. Caitlyn O.

This was very helpful to me because I was doing some research on different saints because I have to pick a saint to be my confirmation saint since i am going to be confirmed soon.

4. joe domingue

this is a great website. and i ve been praying to st lucy for a number of years and i ts really helped. thank you so much.

5. Kaitlyn

shes my confirmation name shes very cool XD

6. blair

i think that she is very inspiring and she showed much courage!!

7. JaSmiN3

lOl..me2..usIng huR 4 my CONfIrmaciON NAM3!!!!

8. JaSmiN3

lOl..me2..usIng huR 4 my CONfIrmaciON NAM3!!!!

9. Micah

An absolutely inspiring story. She is definitely going to be my confirmation name :D

10. Nicole

She is truly inspiring.
    I'm using her for my confirmation name. :)

11. Taylor

she is probably going to be my confirmation name! GO SAINT LUCY!! óż

12. Brittany Erricskson

This story is truly inspiring. im definitely going to try and be more like her.

13. Emma

I LOVE SAINT LUCY!this is going to be my confirmation name and im using it for my paper too! This was a great informational website.

14. kianne

ohh..what a beautiful life story

15. kayleen

yeah, i think i might use this as my confirmation name :)

16. Rebecca

St. Lucy is my saint for Confirmation. I'm doing my research paper and this is a great article. St. Lucy is my favorite saint!! :)

17. boonie

I have to do a research on a saint i want and i think i would use this because it look interesting..........

18. Me

I'm using her for a research project! She's great. (:

19. pcb

I was born on this day...and feel honored to have such a saint guide my life...

20. Violet