St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. Annie pearce

this has nothing about when she was born

2. rachel

I look up to saint lucy because,
    she makes me find comfort when ever some one makes fun of me. I have a disability im parshily sighted now that my grand mother showed me a paper on her i feel lightend by her,

3. Kaitlyn

I chose St. Lucy as my confirmation name, mostly because she is the Patron saint of blindness. My mother has very limited vision and having the name Lucy connecting me to my catholic faith, in a way, connects me to my Mom a little more. :)

4. lucy

this is my saint, we share name

5. tina

this is my saint yaaaaaa!!!!!

6. sara

you are my saint!

7. Amy

i like St. Lucy....

8. anna

i am going to use st. Lucy as my saint project for confirmation. but do i use the version with no eyes? i might. let's see

9. katelyn

she had a wonderful life then they wanted it

10. Victoria

Katie does not have a life

11. katie

she is a beautiful person but so is alot of others but she is da only 1 ive seen but still pretty if i were a guy which im not she would prob b da 1st girl i ever lay eyes on so yer idk much bout her personality but she prob has a gd 1 n no i didnt read da story but still so pretty

12. Jessica

Not only is she beautiful, so is her story and her name it touched me deeply. If only my writing teacher would see this report!

13. Claire

I'm debating between her and a few other saints.

14. kristina

I LOVE HER.
    Im doing my report on her.
    BEST REPORT evaaa!

15. Lindsey

i picked st. Lucy for my report and i love her! it was a great choice!!

16. Natalie

Totally love St. Lucy, I'm really glad I got her as a saint for my report by chance!

17. Jenny

haha...i am using St. Lucy as my confirmation name!!!! I love her!

18. crystal

i am like in prep and she is like my saint... i love her <3

19. sandra

omg, i love st.lucy !you rock!

20. Tifany

I loved this all about st.lucy i would love to learn more.