St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. maria

Im in the midst of picking my confirmation saint I saw and read about st.Lucy in my bible study class. She was so brave and so devoted to christ.

2. Keri

I have a project for school and this was really helpful!

3. Benjamin

SAINT IS AWSOME

4. Katherine <3 <3 <3

i think this could'v'e given more info on her life. not just what happended to her when she was a young adult

5. Chrissy

I pray to Saint Lucy that our relationship can grow and develop. I want to love and be loved. I am working on loving myself so I can love him more deeply. Please Lucy, I am putting my faith in you and Jesus.

6. Caroline

uhh....HOMEWORK! Saint Lucy is one of my favorite saints.I could use more info on Saint Lucy though.I am doing a project on her.......so...can you make this website a little better?I neeed more info!OH...... can you do me a favor?Post info on why it was hard for her to become a saint and why she is the saint of blindness.( it wil help me a lot!)So can you PLEASE aprove this website?Thanks! Bye!

7. maddie h.

I am doing a project on Saint Lucy for CCD. This website really does help!! I luv u Saint Lucy!!!!!!!

8. A

forget what i said go st.lucy!!!!

9. Jessica

This was very helpful cause i need to finish my saint report by FRIDAY! Two days from now! This is the website i use to help me. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. angel

I can't believe she was stabbed to death, in the neck. That's really gross. But you're right, she's awesome

11. A

this really has hardly any info on what im looking for

12. funk

go saint lucy ..go go saint lucy ! ahah she is a wonderfull saint and i really adore her . shes my confirmation saint!!!

13. Lucy

I love St. Lucy, she is my name sake and was my Grandma's name too! We are Italian so we always celebrate the day with my children with all of the customs. My son just did a report on her and I learned so much more about her, what a special person of God she was.

14. linay

she's cool!!!!!=3

15. Madelyn

I need to know how she died.

16. Chanelle

I love Saint Lucy!!

17. Maddy

hey okay i am doing st.lucy as my saint and i nee another website that will give me more information on her. This has some good points, but i need more!!!!
    help!!!!!

18. janaviel

Oh!I really find the of St.Lucy so interesting to read. In fact, it is my family saint's name and I'm proud to be a part of st.Lucy family "the shining Light". I will never forget her life story. I wanted to imitate her courageous acts.

19. flaming fekete

I think her stories are very interesting. I love the fact that her man wanted to kill her when she ditched him at the altar. I think thats totally stick-to-it-iveness to her real Man... God!
    P.S (stick-to-it-iveness IS in fact a WORD. I looked it up in Websters.)

20. Larissa

My confirmation name! One question: does anyone know where i could find more information about her???