St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. Peggy; Barry

Delia, I will pray; to St. Lucy for your husband. I had cataract surgery in both my eyes some years ago and suffered no problems....and had excellent results. I am sure St.Lucy will be listening and wil be praying for your husbands eyes, and for your peace of mind and heart. God bless you both..

2. Kayla

I am in 6 grade and my fave saint is lucy but the weird thing is that i also love our lady of guadalupe and her Feastday was yesterday!! and to any kids that reads this, keep reading CO and Merry Christmas!!

3. Delia

It is providential that today's saint is St Lucy, Patron Saint of our village. I just learned today that she is the patron saint of those who have eye diseases. Day after tomorow, my husband is scheduled for cataract surgery and the doctor, through my best friend, agreed to charge us much less because we are retirees and have no income. I pray now to Saint Lucy to intercede for my husband to our dear Good Lord tonight, that he be healed completely, his sight be restored without surgery. This is what our hearts desire, this I beg of you Lord. We trust in you, we surender everything to you. Not our will but Thine be done Amen.

4. richard lewis

i greatly appreciate the daily inspirations that you email me. however, i think you missed some of the on-going legent of saint lucy. she is revered to this day in protestant sweden, where a catholic saint, ironically, is honored in a festival of lights. young women wear four candles on their heads at special lutheran ceremonies. (it gets dark up there in winter.) another tribute to saint lucy is the neopolitan song that honors a port named after her in naples. fnally, many hispanic women carry the name luz, which is the spanish word for lucy or light. saint lucy has had a major impact on our world today considering we know so little about her history.

5. Elle Fagan

Merry Christmas!

Saint Lucy is a favorite, and probably among the leaders in the popular saints because, not just artists like me, but all people have reason to invoke intercession for the eyes.

The reason children's books are done in large print is because, unlike the rest of our senses , the human eye is not fully developed till age 6 or so, and suffers for most of us later in life, before other failings.

I needed this review, because I keep mixing up Cecelia , the patron of music, with Lucy the patron of sight, being a visual artist....Confuse-a-Muse?

6. Bill Snyder

St. Lucy is one of the Saints I try to pray to each day. I have diabetes which is a leading cause of blindness. I have eye exams every year, and I have confidence that St. Lucy's intercession will aid the eye doctor in performing a diligent exam.

7. Phoebe

when was st. Lucy born, because i could only find the year. if any of you could please answer with the exact place please.

8. <3uso

Elizabeth, shes patron of blindness, says at the top :). im doing a report for school too... I only needed a little information and this site gave me what I needed :)!!

9. Elizabeth

I'm doing this for school, what is she a patron of?

10. Alex

This helped a lot...and I'm definitaly choosing Lucy as my saint name. This wasn't soooo hard after all!!!

11. Sara

Saint Lucy is so cool. Way to never give up on what you believe in Lucy!!!!!!!!

12. JuLi_CuLi73

im chosing saint Lucy for my confirmation name, and i found this site very helpful in finding the information i needed for my report(:

13. Mary

More info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. sara

i could hav used some information about her family and other things that could be used in my report.

15. jonaslover

i am so gratful for this site it gave me all the info i needed on Lucy and my project is nearly compleat

16. Katherine

i am doing a project on this saint and it was very helpful. THANK YOU!!

17. not telling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love st lucy she is my fave saint.

18. Yvette Peralta

Saint Lucy is going to be my confirmation saint <3

19. Lauren

i'm in gr 5 and i'm doing a project on her

20. john

am impress by her faith. i even wish to see her my dream.