St. Juan Diego Comments

Juan Diego was born in 1474 in the calpulli or ward of Tlayacac in Cuauhtitlan, which was established in 1168 by Nahua tribesmen and conquered by the Aztec lord Axayacatl in 1467; and was located 20 kilometers (14 miles) north of Tenochtitlan (Mexico City). On December 9, 1531, a native Mexican named Juan Diego rose before dawn to walk fifteen miles to daily Mass in what is now Mexico City. Juan lived a simple life as a weaver, farmer, and ... Continue Reading

1. Stefania

Thank you for your help, St. Juan Diego!

2. palma t poochigian

Dear Juan Diago,

I decided to look up a saint of today.Little did I know it was you. Whom I visited by a miracle I say years ago. I was going to Puerto Vallarta and stayed in Mexico City. I was so surprised to see a brochure showing your miracle tour. Which I did. I use a table cloth from there on holidays. It shows how God works through us. I was suppose to be reminded today. Dec 8th.
    What a blessing to know your humility and see it by your people's faith.
    I remember parents on there kness walking on stone holding there child bringing him to the church where the tilma is venerasted.It was so inspirational. Please Mary and you pray for us and all to keep our world full of peace. Also so important the dignity of life. It is so precious. Amen

3. Ryosuke

Catholic Online is very helpful to extend my knowledge. Virgin Mary is ubiquitous and in your side.Thanks and God bless you.

4. M

Thank you, St. Juan Diego, for showing us how to devote ourselves to God. Thank you for sharing your knowledge of the image of our Lady of Guadalupe. Merciful Virgin Mary of Guadalupe, show clemency, love, and compassion to those who love you and fly to your protection; may your intercession like the sweet fragrance of roses, ascend to your Divine Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, that He might hear our prayers, wipe away our tears, and give us comfort and assistance. Intercede for me in my petition that my relationship with my ex-boyfriend be reconciled and lead to the sacrament of marriage, if it's God's will. I pray that if it's not His will that I will be freed of the romantic feelings I have towards him and that I'm able accept God's will for my life. That our Lord and Savior will give me the desires of my heart to marry and be a mother. That while waiting on our Lord, I will be a bride to Christ, and keep my devotion to the church. Being single and in my 30's has been a hard cross to bear, Holy Spirit fill me with peace and patience during this time of waiting. Even if I don't end up with my ex boyfriend, I pray that He wholeheartedly becomes a follower of Christ. St. Joseph pray for him and protect him. St. Juan Diego, join me in this petition. Amen. Lord, thank You for dying on that cross, so that my sins can be forgiven. Thank You for my salvation. I praise You and thank You for hearing and answering our prayers.

5. Eustace Singine

ST juan Diego, you were a chosen one please today being your feast day the day you met our dear virgin mother of Jesus Christ,i ask you to pray for us to mother of Jesus that
    She demonstrates, exihibits, give us love,give me the compassion, the help, the protection,as we love, seek ,cry and i have confidence in her, that also she will hear our weeping in all the troubles we go through, As you said i am small rope, tiny ladder, the tail end and a leaf i fall in the same words, i ask for prayers that i will be able to follow the norms of the holy spirit to Love, to have joy, peace,patience,kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control, i ask these prayers through our Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and saviour. AMEN

6. christie

Dear St. Juan Diego, thank you for being the instrument by which the world knows and loves our Lady of Guadalupe. Sweet Virgin Mary, your love for this poor, humble native American was so great that you revealed yourself to him. His love for the Holy Eucharist impelled him to walk all the way to the little church for Holy Mass. Thank you for the Image we have of our Lady as a sweet Indian princess, her defeat of the devil and the support of holy Michael Archangel. Mother pray for all children who are suffering terrible afflictions due to fragile X, heart problems and all other painful conditions. Are they not entitled to a life free of pain? Are they doomed to be dependents all their lives? Do answer my prayers, I implore you dear Mother to grant complete healing of mind and body to all suffering children. St. Juan Diego, join me in this petition. Amen

7. Jo de Sousa

This is good, but do you know that in Australia we celebrate the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary on this day? Hail Mary!

8. john

cool

9. john

we could have had it all rolling in the deep you had my heart in the palm of your hand but you played it to the beat!

10. anonymous

Alguen sabe porque exactament se hizo un sant any body know exactly why he became a saint for a project

11. ngelingkong ak ujai

This is very good message to the people arround the world, especially to me I hope st juan diego prayer for
    those are believer,may god choose more next time. virgin mary mother of god pray for
    us.amen.. praise the lord....

12. Ntarie Namanoku

This is amazing,and i was so thankful 2 read about Saint Juan Diego.The story was touching my heart, encourageing me not to blame transport for missing Sunday mass .God create my feet so I have to use it walk to mass. God calling and waiting for us daily every mass in Eucharist.

13. David T.

14. Adone Gubert

Dear brothers and sisters. From time to time, God makes Himself known through people He chooses and wishes of His Will. One of them was Juan Diego. Lets imitate St. Diego character for a strong connection to attend Holy Mass each week and recieving Jesus gift of the Holy Eucharist with a sincere heart. Then, we to have been choosen to carry a little church within us each day to treasure. If it is the Will of God, let His face be shown unto you. Amen. Adone.

15. SallyR

Saint Juan Diego is such an inspiration .... You just want to get up and go to weekday Mass - every day. We are all just as he said ... simple and "the tail end"... we are to be humble and happiness will follow us always.

16. Deacon Tom Houle

Your information was correct and in great detail

17. jesus m

Coatlaxopeuh spoke nahuatl to cuautlatoatzin (juan diego). Why does your religious sindicate still wish to steal another peoples true history.

18. anonymous

They did put his feastday what are you talking about because I am trying to do a homework assignment and I have all I need.

19. team Juan

Juan diego is so awesome. im geting confirmed and hes definitly my saint

20. Maria

Two Comments....
    1. My husband was born on December 9th. He is such an awesome, beautiful human being, like Juan Diego was.
    2. What the article doesn't say is that Juan Diego was the first Native American saint. I don't know if that's a rumor, but that's what I was told. For me as an indigenous person I'm really proud of him. My family and I will have a San Juan Diego festivity this year on December 9th in his honor.