St. Ignatius of Antioch Comments

"I prefer death in Christ Jesus to power over the farthest limits of the earth. He who died in place of us is the one object of my quest. He who rose for our sakes is my one desire." The second Bishop of Antioch, Syria, this disciple of the beloved Disciple John was consecrated Bishop around the year 69 by the Apostle Peter, the first Pope. A holy man who was deeply loved by the Christian faithful, he always made it his special care to defend ... Continue Reading

1. waithiraa
    7 months ago

Please pray for me that I may love God with my whole heart.

2. Joseph Mathew

St. Ignatius of Antioch, Thanks for your intercession and prayers. By the grace of God, I am able to discern the intentions of others, who are often victimized by the devil in carrying out his evil intentions. I am also able to forgive them and pray for them. Please continue to remember me in your prayers.

3. christie

I am most enamored of, edified and enthralled by the life of St. Ignatius of Antioch, whose love for Christ in the Eucharist is outstanding. He witnessed Christ by embracing death of a martyr, death be being devoured by lions in Rome. Please pray for us and all in our families. May they who have received Christ in Baptism be truly renewed by sanctifying grace, especially when they become lukewarm. I thank God for my daughter's success in purchasing a new house and even greater success on the work-front. St. Joseph, spouse of Our Lady and guardian of Jesus thank you. Amen

4. Patricia Dengun

I was listening to some discussants on ewtn and one of them mentioned St Ignatius and said he had profound love for Christ. I quickly googled him and I was moved by his great love for Jesus which made him to love death and embrace it fearlessly as a means to take him to his beloved. May St Ignatius intercede for the. conversion of my husband. Amen

5. Fr.Prof.Kurien Daniel

I am a priest in the Orthodox Church.Iam a proffessor in Syriac ,Catholicate College.Pathanamthitta, Kerala ,India.
    Iam verymuch been impressed .St. Ignatius, Pray for me a sinner.

6. Wivinna

I had been praying to St. Ignatius for my brother's conversion for about 1 year - didn't know much about this Saint before but it is my brother's choice of saint for his baptism. I just got a news about my brother today that I'd been praying for. It is truly a miracle! I'm reading the article again and it's amazing to discover that St. Ignatius was the first person to use the word catholic! Thank you for continuing to protect my brother, St. Ignatius.

7. Joseph Mathew

St. Ignatius of Antioch, Great martyr of the Catholic faith, please pray for me, to guard myself from evil intertions that pester me often.

8. sebald Mteteleka

Oh Saint Ignatius of Antioch may you pray for us to have a great courage like you had in proclaiming the word of God.

Sebald Mteteleka from Tanzania sebald_xp@yahoo.com

9. ugonna

understanding of the life of st ignatius has truely awaken live desires in me to serve God and persevere when suffering comes, Pls intercede for me st ignatiuunderstanding of the life of st ignatius has truely awaken live desires in me to serve God and persevere when suffering comes, Pls intercede for me st ignatius.

10. MonA

Please pray for Jacob that he finds the righnt path, for his parents that they find the strenght and wisdom to guide him and for all cancer patients that they deal with their disease with grace and dignity. Thank you.

11. Mary@42

Thank you, God, for the Witness of this holy Saint. May he continue to strengthen the Church Militant in our journey to Eternity. To all those who are trying to tell us the Catholic Church is a Denomination, I say. This is The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church built by Jesus Christ as the Spiritual Head and which He built upon Saint Peter ( and his Successors) as the Visible Head and which He declared will never be overcome by the powers of Hell, whether from within or from without. WE ARE NOT A DENOMINATION. WE ARE THE TRUE CHURCH OF CHRIST + Laudetur Iesus Christus +

12. Kokkeragadda H.Bhaskara Rao

St.Ignatius of Antioch!.,please pray for me and for my Children and family to lead a life of dedication You are remembered for ever in the church as you introduced the word "CATHOLIC" for the first time to commemorate its universal nature of the church .The martyerdom of your life for christianity has given more.strength for its strong survival.I pray for your intersession in protecting the present church from all its internal dangers.Amen

13. christopher

St.Ignatius.of.Antioch i cant spell the words i want 2 say about you
    I pray you are with god please pray for me and my family
    god bless us all
    Amen

14. Tyrone Sills

I am to be received as an Oblate soon and would like to receive the name Brother Ignatius in gratitude to St Ignatius for his loyal and fearless life and death for our Lord.

15. Allan Stairs

It is for me a tresure to learn in detail -- and not just a couple of lines introducing the day`s mass --this martyrdom of one of the earliest responsible men established in the Church by saint Peter himself.

16. julia

I love this saint... since I knew him... mostly now... that I know his true life... love is a cross... love is just like an arrow or a sword within martyr's heart... forever thnx...!

17. Ikechukwu

St. Ignatius, please pray for us who are still this world. Not to fear death as you did.

18. Doug Hobe

Without his letters and orthodox belief, we would have a very foggy idea as to what the early church believed, and what the apostles passed on of our Lord's revelation. One of my favorite early church fathers

19. christie

St. Ignatius of Antioch, Bishop and Martyr, we praise and thank God for your life which is a testament of your love for the Eucharist. May Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament of the altar, be our nourishment, sustenance and food every single day. In your letter to the Romans you declared, "I am God's wheat and shall be ground by their teeth so that I may become Christ's pure bread". Referring to Christ's death and Resurrection, you wrote, "He who died in place of us is the one object of my quest. He who rose for our sakes is my one desire". Help us struggling Catholics all over the world have a sincere and true devotion to the Sacrament of Holy Communion. Let us always remember and celebrate Christ's death and resurrection in Holy Mass. Pray for us dear St. Ignatius of Antioch. Sanctify us and edify us. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.

20. soorazthapa

He was a Godly man he serve the Lord with whole heart n he sacrificed his life for Christ.....