St. John of the Cross Comments

Born in Spain in 1542, John learned the importance of self-sacrificing love from his parents. His father gave up wealth, status, and comfort when he married a weaver's daughter and was disowned by his noble family. After his father died, his mother kept the destitute family together as they wandered homeless in search of work. These were the examples of sacrifice that John followed with his own great love -- God. When the family finally ... Continue Reading

1. emma
    11 months ago

Happy feast day :) my friend! I hope to have your intercessory prayers for perseverance and obedience. Thank you for remembering us here on earth and for what you have left behind to help us with

2. Joseph Mathew
    11 months ago

St. John of the Cross, You were introduced to me by Prof. M. K. Sanu, a Hindu literary scholar, whose article on your 400th death anniversary regarding your mystical poetry, especially on the pursuit of the soul to reach heavenly perfection deeply enthralled me and I have with me your collected works. Please intercede for all of us here who admire you, and earnestly try to follow your quest to attain perfection, in spite of the sins and imperfections that surround us here.

3. bob burford
    11 months ago

Interesting that some of his persecutors were also supposed Christians. I see people and family members around me who do not act the way I would like them to act but forcing them into belief is not the answer. However, Saint John of the Cross and Mother Teresa had a similar philosophy. In Mother Teresa's poem "Anyhow" the world can treat you wrongly but go ahead like St John and do good "Anyhow" because it was never between you and them. It always was between you and God. Thank you St John

4. christian

thanks to st john who has broght light to our saul, an a rosicrucian any one who has any other book good as st john text me on 08168272056,thank u all

5. Amy

Dear Gail Thom,

Saint Dymphna is the patron saint to pray to for depression I believe. She is the patron saint for mental disorders and nervousness. God bless.

6. Joseph

St. John of the cross please pray for me and for my family to do God ' s will. Amen.

7. Joseph Mathew

St. John of the Cross, Thanks for your continued intercession to make me more humble and persevering in my devotion to the Lord.

8. christopher

Dear St.john of the cross help me i belive in god and in you
    please pray for me and my family god bless you
    Amen

9. mollyjoseph

I had a dream on10th sep,it was church near by my hometown in kerala,kasargod,kavumthala parish.all family is there,the holymass is over.now novena will start.I saw the saints photo&I dont know him,I asked myself who is this?then the saint on the photo became alive&came to me&said,I AM JOHN OF THE CROSS.I continued the novena by singing,praising&clapping the hands though I didnt hav the novenabook .I asked on of the priest known to me,he said to search in website.today I saw it,yes the foto is the same&want read the book,the darkness of the soul.thank u very much.may god bless you.

10. Gail Thom

I have been told St.John of the Cross Is the pattern of the depressed. Is this true ? If not is there a St.to pray to?

11. Mary

St. John of the Cross was a major influence in my growth in spiritual advancement.
    His writings and poems are a real introduction to a deeper insight into the spiritual life of any Christian who is seeking a deeper relationship with Christ.

12. Nita

It was a blessing to read and learn about St. John of the Cross today.

13. S.G.

ST. JOHN OF THE CROSS HAPPY FEAST DAY TO YOU!!!

14. Shauna Lee Crawford

Thank you Saint John of the Cross for reminding me that there can be no happiness but through God.

15. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. John of the Cross, Your poems & writings have greatly influenced my spiritual life. You have taught me how to bear insults and sufferings magnanimously. Please intercede and pray for me.

16. Allan Stairs

I am a secular member of the Carmelite Order. There is a special grace attached to those who are called by God to follow that spiritual road layed out by the Carmelite saints : saint Teresa of Jesus of Avila, saint Teresa of the Child Jesus, saint John of the Cross et cetera ...

17. Ryosuke

I have been in hopelessness today because Japanese Catholic Charch is corrupted. But I am lucky because of meeting St. John of the Cross. I wish he were in Modern Japan. His faith would purify our nation. St. John of the Cross, deliver me from evil, lead me not into temptation. Amen.

18. Christie

St. John of the Cross, what an amazing understanding of God. Nothing could divert you from God's love. Your sufferings from having been disinherited, your poverty all led you to serve the mentally ill and sick. Your imprisonment by your fellow monks would have angered anyone. But you used that time in prison to create your spiritual writings. God surely chose you dear saint to be His instrument to help us. I would love to read your writings. I find that in my life my efforts to influence my children to love God has so far been nothing less than difficult. Maybe I have been too forceful and strict. God please repair all the damage I've done. Make amends for my failings. Take all I started and spoiled. I truly would like to see my adult children more God fearing and obedient to Him. Amen

19. Pumpernikle

Helped me with my St. John paper

20. a.antonycruz

I have translated the spiritualcanticles in my mother tounge tamizh language,

one of the languages in india with the help of Fr. Lawrence a carmalite and published myself

from my retirement money.I relished verymuch to re- read the life of john of the cross.

what a marvelous life!-PROFESSOR Dr. Antonycruz