St. James the Greater Comments

For James there was no indication that this was the day that his life would change. The dawn for him was not the bright beginning of a new day, but the end of long fruitless night of fishing. As James sat mending his nets in the boat with his brother John and his father Zebedee, he must have watched in wonder as his partner Simon brought in nets loaded with fish he had caught at the command of Jesus. Was he shocked when he saw Simon and his ... Continue Reading

1. liam kane

i am having this saint for my confirmation name

2. tamstar

I am making my conformation on the 15/5/2009, and I choose st.James

And I am actually doing my confirmation, not kust coping him or her

3. jose

that's cool

4. Ikechukwu Obiakor

Dear St. James the greater, please be my guardian in time of difficulty. And To be more close to God like you.

5. tomdingwall

I am making my confirmation on 04/11/09, and i choose st.James.

6. JAMES :D

ST.JAMES ROCKS DUDE.

7. james calder

I am making my confirmation.I choose St.James because that is my name.my confirmation is on the 18/4/09

(p.s my teacher made me do this)

fae james calder

8. 5 years ago

This helped very much with my report, but i could not find the date last updated. Please include this somewhere on the page, or if you already have it tell me where it is located

9. 5 years ago

This was very helpful in my report on St. James the Greater
    I do need more info though please

10. 5 years ago

this was very helpful for me.!

11. Aussiechips

it was helpful for my project

12. Gaye Horney

This page was helpful in researching the saint James the greater, you have St. Isaiah listed and nothing about him

13. Rodolfo Rabonza

I heard that this saint is a powerful saint. After reading a bit on his life, there is no doubt, this saint will intercede powerfully for someone who asks his assistance since this saint has been there in high points and low points of Jesus' life. He was one of the three who was always handpicked by Jesus to witness his private revelations of glory (the transfiguration) and humanity (the agony in the garden). I am sure Jesus cannot refuse what this saint asks. This guy is a good friend of the Christ. Pray for us Saint James so Jesus will lead us to our purposes in accordance to His will.

14. Des Butler

Am about to undertake the Caminio De Santiago in Oct and would like to know more about St. James in Europe and how he ended up in Spain.
    Des

15. miss Belen DY uchi

please pray for me and my family to St James the Greater for some become born again that they don't honor our blessed Mother. Lord bring us to you and be faithful to the catholic faith till death.

16. Terry Andrade

This states there is no Historical fact of St. James Evengelizing Spain but it is historically documented that after St.James's death there have been 15 apparitions to date to Kings and Princes in Spain. It is for this reason he is also known as The Patron Saint of Spain.

17. J Christian

Saint James Zebedee pray for us all; pray pray in that Way that Jesus taught, absolving, purely, absolution flowing from each Word, demons giggling and flying off at each pause; pray for all James's, holy names amongst men and Saints of your time, like the confusions with Marys's; when Jesus made John his adoptive Brother you were then Brothered, brother of Brothers, too; pray, with Jesus, Mary, Joseph and John, your Family of All; pray when my name detach from my earthen corpse that I shine with you in Paradise Lamb Light for Aye, Amen

18. Jorge

I have the privilege to visit his tomb at Santiago, Spain. There we feel so many sensations that it may seems to be nearby Heaven. Thank you Saint James.

19. Charles

I recently was privileged to make a presentation on Christian Mystics and have finally at 76 have only begun to see a facet of the Church that has always been there, but my eyes were open, but I have still been blind. I have always been a quiet fan of St. James, but am still not certain which James is which!

20. JOSEPH

YES THANKS it was very helpful =)