St. Isidore of Seville Comments

Isidore was literally born into a family of saints in sixth century Spain. Two of his brothers, Leander and Fulgentius, and one of his sisters, Florentina, are revered as saints in Spain. It was also a family of leaders and strong minds with Leander and Fulgentius serving as bishops and Florentina as abbess. This didn't make life easier for Isidore. To the contrary, Leander may have been holy in many ways, but his treatment of his little ... Continue Reading

1. ayari gorden

i had a school teacher in the primary school by name rev. bro. isidore, i liked him very much and i named my first son isidore and really i like my son very much.

2. Grandparents

Our grandson Matthew has chosen Isidore for his Confirmation name. This gave us an opportunity to research St. Isidore. We were overcome by the life of this Saint and are so proud of his choice. Matthew is computer wise and this was one of his inspirations to make this choice.

3. christopher

St.Isidore of Seville Doctor of the church please help me on my way 2 learn fast
    Please pray for me and my family / friends
    God Bless us all
    Amen

4. Joseph Mathew

St. Isidore,let me repeat the prayer that I had made two years back, on your feast day. Grant us the Wisdom to know God through prayer,; listen to him through the scriptures and understand his ways, by embellishing our learning with his wisdom. Great Saint, let the water drops of God's grace make an indelible impression upon our souls, so that we shall all be united with him in heaven one day!

5. Charley

Thank-you God, almighty Father, for responding to the petition I placed to St Isidore, my confirmation saint.

6. Christina Guk

I am so very thankful for this information. Our first grand daughter has been given the name of Izidora and baptised with this name. Until now, I had never heard of Isidora, with the feminine of Izidora. She loves books and knowledge. This is a perfect namesake.
    Thanks and blessings to those who keep us in the light.

7. Laurentti Raul A. Zano

Dear St. Isidore Family of saints , Doctor of the church! Protector of the monks,Intercede before us to our blessed mother . Father paul of moll , Pray for us, St. Joseph Husband of Mary for us !!

8. christie

St. Isidore of Spain, I thank God for your life and example to all. Pray for us on the eve of Maundy Thursday. Praise be Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament of the altar. We receive you in awe, wonder and love, Sweet Lord, Bless us with amazing gifts of pray, meditation and contemplation. Give us a love for learning, and a desire to teach those under our charge. Help us couple our prayer life with true works of charity. Amen.

9. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Isidore, Let me repeat the prayer that I had made an year back. Thank You.

10. Mrs. George Jay T. Wolfe, ocds

Today is the feast day of St. Isadore, Doctor of our Wonderful Church. It was good to review this information about him and his sibling saints.
    Gratefully, prayerfully, lovingly, George + Mary Ann Wolfe, ocds

11. Tasha

my b day is at 4th of april

12. Vanesa

Saints are cool

13. Ijeoma

Thank you for the information on this great Saint Isidore. I did not know him nor his siblings . This is a great way to learn of the many saints we did not know existed.

14. Jax

Happy Feast Day Saint Isidore!! Pray for us until we all get home!

15. Joseph Mathew

In the personality of St.Isidore, his saintliness is embellished by his great learning and it is augumented by charity. No wonder he is the patron saint of internet! Dear St. Isidore, please pray for me and for those who browse the world wide web to acquire more knowledge and skill! Thank you.

16. michaela z.

This helped me a lot w/ my St. report. I luv this website and I will use it 4 all my St. projects.

17. Courtney M.

this helped me with my saint report before confirmation. thanks and help me through confirmation

18. Bakhita

Very interesting.

19. rosalina

thank you for your attention on me, to give enlighten my mind and more strength my life in the way of everyday i received the message from you.

20. Peter Brunette

I love these daily visits with the saints.