St. Carmen Comments

According to my resources, the name Carmen is a derivation of Carmel which is one of the titles given to Our Blessed Mother, namely, Our Lady of Mount Carmel. This is the patronal feast of the Carmelites. The Order of Carmelites takes its name from Mount Carmel, which was the first place dedicated to the Blessed Virgin and where a chapel was erected in her honor before her Assumption into Heaven. July 16 is also the feast of the "Scapular ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew

Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, Guard and protect us from all evil influences that surround us and make us follow God's will in whatever we do.

2. Robin Springer

This is so beautiful, I learned things I didn't know about Mother Mary & the scapular; I have been blessed with the one I wear now. My other one dissapeared in a sweater & I woke up to find a brand new brown scapular around my neck.... no sisters or priests had been by to give it to me! I was shocked & felt blessed. I talked to the sisters about it & they agreed :) Something nice happened to me & I'm so grateful, I should spend more of my attention on God.

3. Raj Ambrose

Dear Beloved Mother,

Please Bless the Holy Father and guide him in every step he makes to restore the glories of the Mother Church. Fill him with your spirit that no opposition should mach his zeal to root out the evil forces within and without the Church. Grant him good health and mind to deal with the heresies and heretics of the modern world. Endow him with the powers of the Spirit to proclaim Christ loudly and clearly. Bless Pope Benedict and grant him peaceful moments of his last journey on the Earth.Bless the Carmalites Order that more and more priests and nuns join the Order to preach the Gospel. Have mercy on me, a filthy sinner. Kindly protect my soul and help me to lead a prayerful life. Amen.

4. christie

Our Lady of Mount Carmel, pray for Christian, Give happiness which can only come from heavenly graces.

5. Joseph Mathew

Our dear Lady of Mount Carmel, Please continue to protect our daughter Jincy who is born on your feast day, and is named after you.

6. Steve

Dear St. Carmen, pleas e pray for me & intercede for a job. Thank you.

7. Esther

St. our lady of Carmen. I want you to hear my prayers. Help my family with our financial situation I will pray a rosary for you today. Thank you for hearing me. Amen

8. joseph prem kumar kalva

Our Lady Carmel pls pray us sinners that we may be worthy to receive the holy spirit of our Lord JESUS Christ almighty.Amen

9. christie

Our Lady of Mont Carmel, Happy am I to have been invested with the brown scapular in the Church of Santa Maria della Vittoria, Venti Settembre, Roma (church of the Carmellite priests). There is beautiful painting of Simon of Stock receiving the scapular from Our Blessed Lady. Now, more than ever before in my life do I see the necessity of praying for your heavenly visitation, consolation and assistance at the hour of my death. I pray that you wlll make it your responsibility to accompany me on that journey. I do not know when nor where nor how, Dear Lady. What I do know is that I can depend on you sweet Mother. Be with me always and especially at my last agony. Present my soul to the Blessed Trinity and beg mercy for my sins. Amen

10. jobelle

Last day I went to D.T.I. then accidentally i wrote "St. Del Carmen Pharmacy" as the name of my pharmacy then registered it as my business name approved by D.T.I. My prepared name for my pharmacy was Our Lady of Del Carmen of the Nazareth Pharmacy because of many reasons... So im confused then i decided to undergo a research regarding this matter then i found out that there is a St. Del Carmen...Amen...

11. Carmen

when was she born and whe did she die?

12. Joseph Mathew

Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, our third daughter Jincy was born on this day 28 years ago, and she has been named in honour of your Holy Name! Many are the favours that you have bestowed upon us through her. Please continue to keep her under your mantle; safeguard her soul and body from all evil influences; and may she lead a life pleasing to God!

13. mark

correction.. its not Saint Carmel... it is OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL or NUESTRA SENORA DEL CARMEL/CARMEN

14. Carmen

ah ha - so there is a St. Carmen, I notice a theme in the comments as well. This was my grandmother's name and given to me over 50 years ago. I have always enjoyed the unusual and unique and suit my name. I have understood it translates as Song of Praise and that is how I try to live my life. Yes, we are of Maltese heritage too.

15. Carmen

To Jane:
    What a beautiful message. My sisters all had nice names: Gloria, Maria, Jessie, Bernie and Angie. Mine seemed so odd. For so many years, I did not even care to say or hear my own name. However, I have come to like hearing or saying my name. I always knew it derived from Mt. Carmel, and also that it meant song, but was unaware of it's meaning "crimson red." Your praise to this blog, really hit home. My main interest was your notice in posting Malta: may I ask if you are writing your blog, from Malta? I have four siblings who were born in Malta. My family came to America in 1950. I've been to Malta 2 different times; my Aunt Carmena still lives on Capachine's Street. Beautiful Island - if you're still there, I know you're enjoying beautiful weather. May God's Rich Blessings Be with you!

16. lilly alenita

There is no infomation on st.carmen so this is really bad and not helpfull at all

17. Carol

i like the name carmen and i want it to be my confimation name so i need more information! If anyone knows the place and date of birth for carmen please let me know!

18. maria sindhu

Praise the lord, i am regular reader of saint of the day. it helps me to understand the difficulties undergone by saints and thus help me to prepare my heart to do good things.

with regard to angels there is only less information and how do we conclude that there are angels who had appeared to them.
    please let me know.

thanking you,
    Maria sindhu

19. JANE

the whole package is very interesting, may God bless your good work. Jane (malta)

20. Therese

I am using my Confirmation name. It's the feast day of my precious and inspirational saint. Please pray for me, readers, as I face a big decision today.