St. Josephine Bakhita Comments

St. Josephine Bakhita was born in Sudan in 1869. This African flower, who knew the anguish of kidnapping and slavery, bloomed marvelously in Italy, in response to God's grace, with the Daughters of Charity, where everyone still calls her "Mother Moretta" (our Black Mother"). Bakhita was not the name she received from her parents at birth. The fright and the terrible experience she went through made her forget the name her parents gave her. ... Continue Reading

1. GIna Lustig

Today we are celebrating "Holyween" at our school and dressing up as the saints. My little girl and her friend are dressing like they believe St. Josephine would have looked and are so excited to share the saint's story and message with their classmates and friends. Thank you so much for all of this wonderful information! Have a blessed All Saints Day!

2. Susanne

I love St. Bhakita, from the first time i heard about her in 1998, i was preganat then and sed to myself that if i get a baby gal , ad name her after St. Bhakita and true to my expectation I got a bouncing baby gal on the 31st day of december 1998 and named her Linda Bhakita and i can testify that shes a humble gal and sincerely pray and hope that the Good Lord Thru the blessed intercession Of Mother Mary will allow my gal to serve as St Bhakita. her feast day is 8th February. Be Bleesed

3. Verity

Hello, do you know what St.Josephine Bahkita's feast day is?
    I need it for my conformation!
    Thank-you!!!

4. Connie

I enjoyed reading and learning about this saint I had never heard of before. I love her answer to the question,"How are you today/""As the Master desires."

5. kayla

this is a great article. I am going to pick this saint for my conformation as well

6. vittoria

I love this article it is very great. i am going to pick this saint for my confirmation

7. josephine cunliffe

i picked her as my saint knowing the agony she was in. and a very loving caring person.

8. Rayj Girl

This can help me with my report,but if I copy it word for word that's called playgerism

9. Jailyn

I like this story. It's very interesting. It's good she became a saint

10. erin

thanks for posting this! it helped me a lot.

11. kennedy

thanks so much for the info! i am using some of this info on my report!

12. bakhita

thats the name my parents gave to me well.... i chose it

13. livia gabriella bonavita

it was great information on Josephine and her life which i am now using as my conformation name!!

14. Allysa Suzaine B. Del Rosario

pray for us and give us your strength.

15. eihpos

she forgot her name. how sad

16. me

tahnk youu for yr help this article was
    very educational to me for my saint
    reportttttttt! x]

17. r.m. radulski

I am trying to find where St Giovanna Bakhita is burried. At the Convent in Schio?

18. Bilazio Angotowa Diaz

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I'm an Administrator working for Saint Bakhita Health Centre in Yei South Sudan. This Health Centre was found in 1998 by Malteser International, the Organization from Malta Island which in colaboration with the Catholic Diocese of Yei in South Suda. Malteser Programme has helped and is continues to help our poor people with free treatment of Tuberculosis, Leprosy and African Tryponosomiasis (African Sleeping Sickness).

As being a Sudanese and Saint Bakhita is also a Sudanese, many have accepted her Doctrines and believe in Her as our Mother and we look to her as our Servior.