St. Josephine Bakhita Comments

St. Josephine Bakhita was born in Sudan in 1869. This African flower, who knew the anguish of kidnapping and slavery, bloomed marvelously in Italy, in response to God's grace, with the Daughters of Charity, where everyone still calls her "Mother Moretta" (our Black Mother"). Bakhita was not the name she received from her parents at birth. The fright and the terrible experience she went through made her forget the name her parents gave her. ... Continue Reading

1. Santino

Mother Bakhita is more than a blessing to many around the world especially to the people of the Sudan. I'm little disappointed that her full story is not known. However, throughout her painful lifelong destiny, she kept praying to our Living God who knows everything about her. I pray hard that may God help us in Sudan to find a solid groundwork on which Bakhita's unique story shines not to today's generations but also to millions of generations to come. Iam a South Sudanese living in the United States of America.

2. Josephine

My name is Josephine and my patron Saint is Ms. Josephine Bakhita. I have been in seach of a small statue of her for many years and have yet to find one. If someone has any ideas or info on one, please e-mail me. Thank you. All I have been able to find, is the medal of her. Thank you and God Bless. I adore and admire this Saint. She was so brave and lovely and such an inspiration to all of us Catholics around the world.

3. fr. reynaldo capili sss

worthy and inspiring saint, st. bakhita is for both Caucasian and non-Caucasian a real trail blaizer for us in the 21st century

4. Anna

A quote by saint Bakhita: If I were to meet the slave-traders who kidnapped me and even those who tortured me, I would kneel and kiss their hands, for if that did not happen, I would not be a Christian and Religious today… The Lord has loved me so much: we must love everyone… we must be compassionate!

5. S. M. Kemna

St. Joan of arc has been my favorite saint sinse I was little but a few weeks ago I watched a movie about St. Bakhia. I've gotta say she's my favorite now. a lot of the information from this website is completely different from the movie and from a book I read about her. I'm being comfirmed soon and wanted to use Bakhita as my saint but first I wanted to know what she's the patron saint of. anyone know?

6. jewel

I learned of Saint Bakhita today while watching "Women Of Grace" on EWTN.
    I am a Black American and was so Glad to learn of her. I will ask her intercession often ... She is such a beautiful and holy woman! And I will pray and ask others to pray for the people of Africa and especially of Sudan.

Please pray for us Saint Bakhita,
    Glory and Praise to God!

7. Emeka

The article is educating as it is exhilarating I am happy that my late mother who equally suffered at her early years and was to bear excruciating weakness and pain during her last years had a patroness named J0sephine and of negro descent. Mom died in May 2008 hours after receiving our Lord in the Holy Eucharist and beckoning on Our Lady Queen of heaven to remember her May St Bahkita pray for all in Purgatory Amen

8. me(:

thanks im useing this saint for a project but it would be more helpful if it had her feast day so yaaa........ bye

9. John-Paul Baladi

thanks so much this artical is very interesting.I come from Sudan and She is my country's saint.she is sooooooooooooooooo amazing.
    (PS>im not black)

10. Kestutis

Dear Veronica - a video about Bakhita's life? Check "Josephine Bakhita" at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephine_Bakhita . There are two videos both available at Amazon. A Blessed Lent!

11. Monicah

Wow! St. Bakhita please pray for us. I suggested the name for my niece's daughter and pray that she may emulate the Saint . Am sure she is enjoying the Eternity with the angels.

12. Albert

My wife and I attended mass on Tue 8th Feb and the celebrant gave a homily on the saint of the day. I was delighted because my wife's name is Josephine and we didn't know till then that there was a St Josephine. Praise the Lord.

13. Josephine Chukwu

St Josephine my patron saint please ray for me

14. Veronica Manning

Hello!
    Somebody can help me with information. Where can I get the video about her life?
    I live in USA.
    I hope you can help me.

God bless!

15. betty jaraba

St. Josephine Bakhita, please intercede for me, tomorrow on your feast day, as I continue with my chemo treatments. I feel confident that you'll give me courage and comfort as I recall the blessing of being present at your canonization more than 10 years ago in Rome.

St. Josephine Bakhita, pray for me.

16. Janice

this article was very helpful to me but i need to know her feast day to!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Lil

St.Bakhita, pray for me and my family.

18. Nellie

I just known the St. Bakhita today when I attended the novena mass of Señor St. Niño de Cebu, Philippines. During the homily of our priest here he tell us the life story of St. Bakhita as a good example of Christian hope.

19. mildred omino

on 24th May 2010 i was involved in a road accident at 5.30 pm.I had carried a potrait and literature of saint Josephine Bakhita and the holy Rosary. I witnesed a great miracle because of this humble saint. I sustained a fructure which healed within one month as opposed to the expectations of Many.St BAKHITA pray for us.

20. josephine

Thank God for st Josephine , i pray that may all those who are named after her may emulate her and leave a life which the master desires. Mother Mary help all those who believe in your intercession have favour with your son forever.