St. Ignatius Loyola Comments

St. Ignatius was born in the family castle in Guip˙zcoa, Spain, the youngest of 13 children, and was called I˝igo. When he was old enough, he became a page, and then a soldier of Spain to fight against the French. A cannon ball and a series of bad operations ended his military career in 1521. While St. Ignatius recovered, he read the lives of the saints, and decided to dedicate himself to becoming a soldier of the Catholic Faith. Soon after he ... Continue Reading

1. carmen vazquez

Last year I had the chance to visit a really old church in the city of Oaxaca, Mexico, dedicated to St. Ignatius, inside the beautiful church theres is a water fountain where the people fill bottles with it or just directly drink from it hoping that St. Igantius may cure them or grant them a favor, besides this, it called my attention that on the walls, the names of all the jesuits who have been beatified or canonized are written with big golden letters...this made me feel as if in the minutes I was there, all these exemplary men were looking at me and praying for me...I really felt protected and comforted...it was a great experience! St. Ignatius de Loyola, pray for all the people that visit this site as well for al the people that are behind it...God bless all of them...

2. Patrick Mascarenhas

The Society of Jesus has given my brothers and me a good Catholic education by the Jesuits to whom I extend my whole hearted thankfulness; especially to St. Vincent DePaul and the founder; St. Ignatius Loyola. May your teachings Oh Dear Saint Ignatius of Loyola continue to guide us through our lives for which we are indebted forever.

3. ANDREW IGNATIUS WATUHA

Thank you my patron saint for changing your earthly military career for God's military career... St Ignatius pray for us who change careers for selfish ends, may we embrace education for the greater glory than self... Amen

4. Joseph santiago CMF

His prayer life and mission is really praiseworthy. He was great defender of the Faith and follower of Christ. Today His followers do lot of good works and help the society to become better and better place for every one to live as children of God. St.Ignatius ..Pray for me

5. Research

Ignatius de Loyola + The Jesuits = (Illumnati)...look it up for yourself

6. james

his life : Saint Ignatius of Loyola, also known as ├Ź├▒igo O├▒az Lopez de Loyola, was of noble birth and was reared in the household of a prominent courtier. In 1517 he left his life at court to enter the army. During convalescence (1521) from a serious wound, he was converted through reading a life of Jesus. He went to Montserrat, where he was confessed and absolved, and from there he went to Manresa. In 1523 he set out for the Holy Land. Prevented from entering Palestine, he returned with the decision to secure an education.
    He studied at Barcelona (1524-26); at Alcalá (1526-27), where for a short time he was imprisoned by the Inquisition; at Salamanca (1527-28), where he again suffered brief imprisonment; and at Paris. St. Ignatius's strength lay not in scholarship but in spiritual direction. The Inquisition again became suspicious, but he was cleared of any irregularities. He and six followers, among them St. Francis Xavier and Diego Lainez, together took vows of poverty and chastity. This group was the nucleus of the future Jesuits. They planned to go to the Holy Land and live in imitation of Christ, working to convert the Muslims, but the Turkish wars intervened, and they went to Rome instead. They were ordained (1537) and received by the pope (1538), who set them to work in Italy.
    In 1539, Ignatius drew up a Formula for a new order and secured (1540) papal approval. It served as the basis for the later Constitutions, published at his death, by which Jesuits have been governed ever since. Ignatius was elected (1541) general of the order and remained its leader, with headquarters in Rome, until his death. Although the Jesuits became a major force in the Counter Reformation, the society was not founded particularly for that purpose. Ignatius's great interests seem to have been the foreign missions and the education of youth. Many schools were opened in Europe during his lifetime, and missions were begun in Japan, India, and Brazil.
    He was dominated all his life by a desire to imitate Christ. His Spiritual Exercises, written over a number of years, are a series of reflections, examinations of conscience, and prayers, grouped according to a traditional set of four steps leading to mystical union with God. The spirituality identified with St. Ignatius is characterized by emphasis on human initiative. His little book is a classic of Christian mysticism and is much used by devout Catholics. His concept of the "soldier of Christ" has often been understood too militaristically: Ignatius used the image in obvious imitation of St. Paul (Eph. 6.10-17). He is buried in the Ges├╣ at Rome. He was canonized in 1622.

7. Tom

I am so grateful to God for His absolute Genius and Divine Grace, in giving us so many Saints to learn from, as we also learn from Holy Scripture, Holy Tradition & the Blessed Magesterium. We have to have all these gifts and immerse ourselves in them, in order to be more like these strong human souls. Like Him, too.

Thank you God.

8. PO

LIKE PIC

9. Lauren crusader#1

It was helpful but could use alot more...Beef? idk just a bit more than a childrens story would be respectful to one of the most important saints than this but it was helpful.

10. peron12345678910111213141516

cool

11. SW

Ignatius of Loyola seemed like a very spiritual man.

12. samuel

I like the way you teach me,and make me to be a good man.

13. James

You could give more information on the lives of selected saints to read and get inspired.

14. annonymis

well well well wat a website great info on the great man and truly had a good read of it

15. ana

my siblings' pens were down and now, we surrender the rest to God as we wait for the result of the bar exam. Please grant my siblings the chance to be great lawyers. St. Ignatius, we believe that through your ways, God will give us mercy.

16. James

Thanks so much for this site. It helped me extraordinarily! I was doing a project and used this as my main source. Thanks again:D

17. Madsion

i love this site i am doing a project on ignatius de loyola and this site is a wonderful site for research.

18. Susanna

Looking at his face gives me strength in times of need.

19. juliet

thank you soooo much this site was very helpful for the project i am doing i am sure i will get an A thanks again!!! :)
    <33333

20. FABULUS

I am doing my report on him. (like many others)