St. Hilary of Poitiers Comments

"They didn't know who they were." This is how Hilary summed up the problem with the Arian heretics of the fourth century. Hilary, on the other hand, knew very well who he was -- a child of a loving God who had inherited eternal life through belief in the Son of God. He hadn't been raised as a Christian but he had felt a wonder at the gift of life and a desire to find out the meaning of that gift. He first discarded the approach of many ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew
    8 months ago

St. Hilary of Poitiers, please pray for me to remain firm and committed to my faith.

2. Joseph Mathew

St. Hilary, please continue to pray for me to remain firm in my faith and not to be moved by adverse situations caused by people within the church itself, that are occasions to test my faith.

3. Larry

St. Hilary of Poitiers, I thank you for your steadfast courage and witness of the truth. Please pray for us miserable sinners in the United States and the world-and for a safe "journey" home to the truth-Please pray for the "Roe vs. Wade" decision to be overturned-let all of our elected/selected leaders and judges not be able to sleep or rest at all -until they formally put an end to "legal abortion"-Let us turn from our evil ways and repent. Let us learn to live in the abundance that is God's love. May the Lord have mercy on every one of us.

4. Mona

Please pray for Jacob that he finds the right path and that he finds peace within himself, for his mother that the doctors can slow the progressin of her disease and for all cancer patients that they deal with our disease with grace and dignity. Thank you.

5. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

Teach me to understand the purpose of this life on earth as you searched and finally found. Enable me to become a true christian who is willing to do anything for the love of Christ. Strengthen me to bear my struggles silently for the glory of God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

6. RobinSpringer

I just want to say Thank You :)

7. christopher

St.Hilary of Poitiers great saint god bless us all
    I ask you two pray for me and my family
    Amen

8. Hannah

Saint Hilary,
    My friend got bit by a snake on a hike can you help her.

Signed,
    Hannah

9. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Hilary, please pray for me to be fully dependent upon God and not upon trancient objectives.

10. Tony James

This article on St Hilary of Poitiers illustrates that Christianity is relevant for all times. There are intelligent people who criticize the Christian Faith and dismiss it as irrelevant in the modern world. But every era in mankind's history has had its periods of modernity and innovation. These periods in history have made men of faith re-examine the way the Faith is presented and lived. We, Catholics, have great examples, on how the Faith is lived and proclaimed, in the Saints. One of these Saints is St Hilary. St Hilary's life and work illustrate to me that we have to deal with the issues we face today and should not be afraid of moments of doubt and darkness while simultaneously holding on to the personal relationship with God through our Lord, Jesus Christ.
    St Hilary pray for all mankind today and help men of faith to persevere even when it appears that we are getting nowhere in the practice of the Faith.

11. christie

St. Hilary of Poitiers, I thank God for granting so many gifts to my beloved family. I see God's mercy flowing, gushing forth in abundance, soothing me. I feel emotional....You grant healing to my aged mother. She is peaceful and grateful to you for her life and her family. Her sweet words are comfort to the living. Oh my beloved Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I cannot express my thanks fully. I desire to love you, Jesus, daily more and more.
    Please continue to pray that my grandson will receive a permanent cure for his affliciton. That he'll be rid of all developmental delays. Amen.

12. May

Saint Hilary please pray for us. Help us to bring good out of suffering and isolation in our own lives and see adversity as an opportunity to learn about or share our faith. I've had such a hard time these past couple of months. I don't know how much more I can take. Lord, I'm sorry for doubting you. My faith needs restoration and my heart and mind need peace. Please pray for me. Amen

13. vicki

I just learned St. Hilary today...my faith for Jesus was weakening since last year and reading the Daily prayer n reflection of NSF of the Phil...given to me is an answered prayer Iam thinking its Gods way of helping me to bring back my faith to Jesus and mama MAry...

14. christie

Dear St. Hilary of Poitiers, we honour you on your feast day. You fiercely and fearlessly combated Arianism. Your battle was monumental, yet it was necessary to preserve the true church founded by Jesus Christ, the only son of God. Pray for our pilgrim church on earth, for our Holy Father the Pope. Give us the desire to see the face of God as He truly is, merciful, compassionate and trustworthy. Help us through your intercession to be prayerful always. To know, love and serve our God. Amen.

15. Marian-Rhoda Akondor

I just happen to read about st Hilary today and I found out two quite fascinating things
    1. He was a man. ( I always thought st Hilary was a woman)
    2. His feast day is my birthday!!!!! I am soo happy!
    Dear st Hilary , I pray that u continue to pray and intercede for us, as sinful as we are. Amen!

16. Joseph Mathew

A great saint who understood and revealed the true nature of God! Dear St. Hillary, pray and intercede for me poor sinner, to be closer to God, as he exist and works in the very holy Trininity; in thought, word and deed.

17. Kyla

Thank you for all this info on st hillary, i am a 6th grade girl and i might use him as my conformation name, what is his connection to snake bites? does anyone know?

18. leon

Very inspiring, but what is his connection to snake bites ?

19. Rose M

JMJ
    Thanks for all the info!
    Saint Hilary is one of my patron saints.

20. William Jerome

A good presentation of St Hilary!! Congratulations!