Pope Saint Gregory the Great Comments

St. Gregory, born at Rome about the year 540, was the son of Gordianus, a wealthy senator, who later renounced the world and became one of the seven deacons of Rome. After he had acquired the usual thorough education, Emperor Justin the Younger appointed him, in 574, Chief Magistrate of Rome, though he was only thirty-four years of age. After the death of his father, he built six monasteries in Sicily and founded a seventh in his own ... Continue Reading

1. Fatima

Dear St.Gregory the great i'm asking your intervation and help during my daugher's exam from today. Guide, open her mind, and be with her through her exams. I belive in your miracles.

2. Joseph Mathew

Pope St. Gregory, ever since my childhood I had heard a lot about your Holiness; especially through Gregorian calender and Gregorian Holy Mass for the departed souls. Please remember me in your prayers.

3. Anne

Happy Feast Day to you St Gregory the Great. I hope you will intercede for my mass intentions today, and also pray to our lord for peace Syria and for the kingdom to come. Thank you :)

4. christie

Dear St. Gregory, once again I thank you for the marvelous improvements that my students have shown in their communication skills, especially in expressing themselves in writing. I know that this has happened through your wonderful intercession and petition to our Father in Heaven. I dedicate this academic year to you: grant me ingenuity, creativity and ideas that my lessons may be delivered in a thought-provoking manner. I ask that my students respond to me in happy and eager tones, that learning takes place. May my lessons be dynamic and interactive. That each and everyone of my students develops their potential. I thank you for the continued good results in the last academic year. I offer the coming year to God, and I seek your prayers. Give success to the work of our hands. May I never tire, may my enthusiasm never wane. Perk me up each day. Give me wonderful rest as I lay my head on the pillow. Amen.

5. Michael Varger

Dear Pope Gregory the Great,

Today is Tuesday, 3 September 2013 and it is your Feast Day. I want to thank you for saving my father's life as he lay on the operating table and clinging to his life as the senior surgeons performed a complex and highly dangerous surgery on his dying heart and lungs. His chances of survival were slim and we went on our knees and prayed to you that you will intercede the Risen Lord to save dad from dying on the operating table.

The senior surgeon told us that he was very surprised that the surgery went as well as it did. Dad is now recovering from his 10 hour triple bypass and lung surgery and I can't thank you enough for petitioning the Kingdom of Heaven on your Feast Day to save my fathers life. We have our dear dad with us some more years to enjoy life together and to love one another more than ever before.

GOD BLESS

6. Emmanuel Tio

I thought St. Gregory to be the Patron Saint of Musician but unfortunately, I found him in this website as the Patron Saint of Teachers. Isn't he the one who started the Gregorian chant? I think he is the patron saint of musicians, not teachers...

7. Joseph Mathew

Pope St. Gregory, please pray for me to lead a life that is pleasing to God always.

8. KBookdragon

J, It seems that St. Gregory the Great's Feast day is indeed the Third of September.

9. chet bas

happy feast day Pope St. Gregory the Great. Thank you for being a friend to my mom and i

10. christie

Happy feast day St. Gregory the Great. I thank God for the good results that my students achieved in their exams. I offer up the new academic year to you. I dedicate all my work to Jesus. Amen.

11. Kokkeragadda.Henry Bhaskara Rao

Dear and distinguished St.Gregory the great! I adore you and hail you for your magnificient and manifold contributions to the traditional (Catholic) church,which includes the daily liturgical prayers in the Holy Mass and ever resounding melodious chants in our Divine worship.The chants were rightly named after you (Gregorian Chants) as it awakens the people.I pray you dear Saint! to protect our faith in the Universal Church and in the TRINITY God. Amen.

12. kevin

what is pope st.Gregory the great the patron saint of other than music and musicians

13. Vanity Unit Bathroom

nice information.

14. Canada Goose

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so, Excellent post! http://www.jacketsparkastore.com

15. Tom

The "cartoon" about Gregory, "Saints Fun Facts" says he became a priest at the age of 35. I thought Gregory was a deacon when he was elected Pope and was ordained a priest and bishop as a result of that election.

16. omar

cool

17. Zen ORear

Happy St Gregory The Pope Day!!! May God Bless the World Today on this special day!

18. Joseph santiago cmf

I like him because he showed himself a true pastor in his administration, his care for the poor and needy, and in spreading and strengthening the faith of the people. He wrote many works on faith and morals. God has blessed him the spirit of wisdom with which he ruled the church as pope. What I learn as a priest is to be an effective administrator imbued with the pastoral care of the people. Justice imbued with mercy and compassion.St.Gregory guide me on the way to reach Christ Lord whom you loved and served with love and wisdom.

19. elisabeth

it is always useful & most interesting to "discover" new/old great people,who became saints.However short the information,we can always add to it with our own resarch.Thank you & GOD bless all.

20. J

I thought saint Gregory's feast day was September 3rd? My brother will be so disapionted. His birthday is the 3rd.