St. Peter, First Pope Comments

Simon Peter or Cephas, the first pope, Prince of the Apostles, and founder, with St. Paul, of the see of Rome. Peter was a native of Bethsaida, near Lake Tiberias, the son of John, and worked, like his brother St. Andrew, as a fisherman on Lake Genesareth. Andrew introduced Peter to Jesus, and Christ called Peter to become adisciple. In Luke is recounted the story that Peter caught so large an amount of fish that he fell down before the feet of ... Continue Reading

1. jonah

I need to do a pupet show and peter is the won i liked.because peter is my dads name.

2. John-john

Thank you sooo much this was so helpful!!!

3. Jake Melavic

This was the most awesome if you want FAIL your project!!! FU__ u guys!!!

4. Thomas H. Reeb

Please note that Ysrael and the other interpreter of the bible is the very reason our priests spend a lifetime ireading ,studying and nterpreting scripture.Done so that it is correctly passed on to the parishoners.Unlike the many other denominations that have as Ysrael has interpreted incorrectly.Thank our Lord for his Church the one true Catholic Church.

Thomas

5. Jeffrey G Mikres

I read the article on Peter being the first pope. No where in the NT scripture does it declare Peter as the pope. There were no popes. When Peter was in Rome the church know as "The Way" was under great persecution by Rome. Peter did not want anyone to know he was there so when he wrote from there he said he was in Babylon a code word for Rome. Can U imagine the emperor Nero hating Christians allowing Peter to come out in the open start a new denomination called Catholics and call himself a pope? Christians back them were called atheists because they would not believe Nero was God. One was martyred in about 150 in Rome because he would not recant Jesus and say down with the atheists (Christians). He said down with the Atheists pointing toward the Romans and was burned.
    As a person who has studied the Bible I would truly from my heart like to know where to find a link to Catholicism coming out of "The Way".
    How about the ascension of Mary. Where is that in scripture? Jesus also said to call no one Father as U have your Father in heaven. John according to scripture is called the one Jesus loved. I'm willing to go along but I need biblical proof of all these things and I cannot find it.

6. Frank Medrocillo

Pray for me us Saint Peter in Heaven to have strength to do Lord's works.

In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

7. Glenda Miller

I, too, ysreal, read in the Bible that no one man is ever to be lifted up as greater or having more authority over other people. The Word made it possible for each of us to have a personal relationship with God and to pray and trust in Him, only. And also, He tells us no to do rituals and repetitive prayers. He wants our sincere and loving responses --this is what I read in the Bible. If we don't listen to all of it, why bother with some of it???

8. Migono

Thanks I have a lot of many things about St. Peter.

9. Michael Wayne Roach

I try to read this series about the saints as often as I can. This particular referral to the life of St. Peter as an apostle has been very fruitful indeed. Has this been helpful? It has been a continuance of those facts which enhance my faith, and that is enough. Though I have so much more to learn, St. Peter has been one to whom I pray most every day as I say the rosary. Thank you so much for this special article.

10. nick

I have an assignment and i cant find any info on him!!!

11. mikaisa

you help me very very much. I thank.i thank much. this site good educate.

12. harry

thanks for helping me in school
    thanks again xoxox

:-)

13. josh

hello i really enjoy this site it help me to find out about st.peter thanks very much xx

14. NAME

I NEED TO KNOW WHEN HE WAS CANONIZED!!!!!

15. SAMY

I agree with "some one". He is a very good person and saint.

I think he is a great saint!!!!!!

16. some one

he is practically the patron saint of the church

17. ryan

my name is peter to

18. peter

i am named after him :)

19. kairi kimuru

This is nice but what is he patron saint of

20. t

my saint name is st.peter