St. Peter, First Pope Comments

Simon Peter or Cephas, the first pope, Prince of the Apostles, and founder, with St. Paul, of the see of Rome. Peter was a native of Bethsaida, near Lake Tiberias, the son of John, and worked, like his brother St. Andrew, as a fisherman on Lake Genesareth. Andrew introduced Peter to Jesus, and Christ called Peter to become adisciple. In Luke is recounted the story that Peter caught so large an amount of fish that he fell down before the feet of ... Continue Reading

1. christie

St. Peter, fiery and feisty apostle of Christ, your encounters with Our Lord Jesus are most human. Human in the sense that we can identify with them. The story I love the most is the one in which you were asked by Jesus "Do you love me?" "Yes, Lord I love You". "Then feed my sheep, feed my lambs."
    When Jesus asked you this question, you were slightly hurt and you replied, "Lord you know that I love you". Then only did you realize that Jesus was in fact giving you an opportunity to make up for your denial of Him three times. Help me take up the gift of making up for "missed opportunities" in my encounters with family and friends. Much as my tendency is to feel regret, which is a useless feeling, help me to seize the next opportunity to make up for my lapses. Thank you St. Peter, lucky have I been to have worshiped in your great Basilica in Rome. I ask for your special intercession from Christ for His healing of sick and disabled children. And for the grace of a new job for my daughter as well the birth of a healthy child for her. Just as Christ so mercifully healed your mother-in-law of her fever. Ask the same for us. Amen

2. miguel ay

This info is a blessing to all catholics and to all who know Christ founded only one church over Peter and the apostols

3. eric lewis

great site

4. Tgregg/minecrafters Rule!

Doin research on saints at scool very helpful info thanks! :)

5. michael varger

Dear Apostle Peter, it is said that you are the prince of the apostles and the Rock of Christ. I testify from personal experiences of my life that you are a very powerful intercessor and incredibly generous helper to anyone who seeks your help. Most priests told me that its OK to address you as "Rocky" as it promotes intimacy and cennectedness. Dear Rocky, this time around I seek your help for a good mate of mine whose life is filled with fire & brimstone (HELL) each and every day, and as I write this message he is facing the temptation to commit suicide. Timmy was born on the first Sunday of April in 1976 to a Finnish family who immigrated to Sydney in 1970. Timmy is the youngest of the three boys and two sisters. The father was a hopless alcoholic who couldn't keep a job and Timmy's mother a sober and hardworking mother struggling every day to feed her family of six. Timmy was 16 years old when his older brother, a heroin addict, introduced him to heroin telling Timmhy that smoking heroin will not lead to addiction as it was like smoking marijuana. Well, it didn't take long for Timmy to become a hopeless junkie on the streets. In 2002, after many prayers and sacrifices we funded his treatment and until 13 months ago he remained clean and had a good job, played sport and loved restoring classic cars with great success. Timmy met and fell madly in love with a spunky young girl who was also a heroin addict. Timmy now sleeps on park benches and lives like an animal without any hope of getting out of his heroin hell. Dear Rocky, where there is life there is hope, so please storm the Gates of Heaven to save Timmy from death and restore him back to us, his heartbroken and terrified family. AMEN

6. Ayasha

This site is full of great information. Thank you.

I notice in my Church little mention of the Holy Mother or the Saints. I don't understand why. I am learning so much from our Saints.

St. Theresa of Lisieux for example.

Sometimes I wish the Church could just step back from Vatican II and admit that it didn't work. However, that's only my opinion.

7. sammy552

when did was he born

8. Raena

Nice

9. Jabril

dis intanet websit be so helpfa

10. Jeffrey G Mikres

During the time of Peter being in Rome, Nero was Emperor and considered to be the king. If one denied him they would be killed. In lew of that it is highly unlikely that Nero would have stood by while someone was allowed to start this huge new movement called the Catholic church. How can we go from the Apostolic church to the catholic church. Jesus Himself said call no one father as U have one Father in heaven. Jesus never in simple language made anyone a pope in His lifetime. It seems tome that from a simple rendering of the Bible that someone made a new denomination from the Apostolic church. That someone was Satan. He knew he was defeated at the cross and came up with a way to dilute Jesus' message and that method was division. It has not stopped to this day. Jesus desire was to have one church, one flock and one shepherd.

11. richaed

very helpful thanks a lot!

12. Sydney

I am doing this St. for my St. Report and it really helped me. The only thing it doesn't have is what he is a patron St. of.

~Thx~

13. " "

cool. i want to know what he is the patron saint of

14. Jenny

thank you st. peter for your great model

15. Jerry Calderon

omg!ilove this website im on it like EVERYDAY! praise the lord!! i love you god <33333333333333333333

16. Francis Kuting

Staint Peter has really helped me in my entire life and i will not stop leading other people to Jesus Christ through him.indeed your are really a helpful staint,God reward you in Jesus NAME,AMEN.

17. archie dalleda

st.peter

happy anniversary

i love your website

18. Kelvin

I need this st and web for my homework project. Thanks

19. catholic

Saint Peter, pray for us!

20. Bismark

This is Peter a BIG ROCK inneed.I am a driller and drill through rock of different types and there are many things which one may find when drilling different rock formations and is the same with Christainity.When can I complete finding what type of rock I have in the world.
    Pray For Me St Peter.