St. Germaine Cousin Comments

When Hortense decided to marry Laurent Cousin in Pibrac, France, it was not out of love for his infant daughter. Germaine was everything Hortense despised. Weak and ill, the girl had also been born with a right hand that was deformed and paralyzed. Hortense replaced the love that Germaine has lost when her mother died with cruelty and abuse. Laurent, who had a weak character, pretended not to notice that Germaine had been given so little ... Continue Reading

1. HBMc

I too had never heard of St. Germaine. The article was most interesting. I pray that St. Germaine will help my stepson who has many health problems.

2. Joseph Mathew

St. Germaine, please pray for me to face upto the challenges and sufferings in my day to day life with compassion and forgiveness, as you always did.

3. vijay adam

Excellent story of the life of saint never heard before.
    Long live thieir tribes!

4. carmen vazquez

ST. GERMAINE, PLEASE WATCH OVER THE MANY MEXICAN CHILDREN WHO ARE ABUSED IN SOME WAY. YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THEY SUFFER, PLEASE DON┬ĘT LEAVE THEM ALONE AND MAKE THEIR BAD SITUATION CHANGE...ST. GERMAINE, PRAY AND INTERCEDE FOR THEM EVERY DAY..

5. Rachel

As a child, I experienced the worst kinds of abuse possible, financial, emotional, physical, sexual, incest, and neglect . I pray to Saint Germaine Cousin that the abusers of the world find the peace they lack, and the abused, find the healing they need. The world is filled with abused and abusive people, but through the guidance and intercession of Saint Germaine, God will intercede. It is not only up to Saint Germaine and her intercession. It is up to the saints of today's world, to spread the message of peace, hope, and love.

6. jade willams

i loe this sight its so cool

7. JC

A truly touching story...heartbreaking. :(

Thank you St Germaine, for your blessings. Care for and protect the helpless in our world from all abuse. And many prayers for those who left messages here.

8. Jennifer

St Germain Cousin, please pray for my stepdaughter and her brother that they never have to suffer abuse at the hands of their mother again. Please pray that their hearts and minds are healed from the abuse they endured. Please pray that they will live wonderful lives untainted by the horrific trials they lived through as children. And please pray that i and the stepmother of her brother are instruments of comfort and love and guide these children to reach their full potential. Amen.

9. Patricia Mary Germaine

Years ago when I was approaching my Confirmation, I was going to choose the name Therese after the Little Flower. I had never heard of St. Germaine. About a month before my Confirmation, I read a booklet about her life; a relative lived in an area where a new Catholic Church was built and named for St. Germaine. I cried as I read the story of her life, deeply touched by her sufferings and her goodness. I immediately chose her name for my Confirmation name. She is also the patron saint of the disabled. I am now disabled and have been for 6 years; I still feel I chose the perfect Saint as my Patron. I have a son with a lot of medical problems and I pray that St. Germaine will intercede for him so that he may have a life, which has been so limited for years. Dear St. Germaine, please watch over my son and ask God to grant him the gift of health so that he may be able to finish his schooling and be able to live an independent life. I thank you for all the many favors I know that you have done for me. I know that you watch over me, dear beloved St. Germaine.

10. Joseph

St. Germaine, Please pray for me get my visa early as posible and at the suit time.

Thankn You
    Joseph

11. Genevieve Anaya

Pray for me to get a job and for my eyes.

12. Eileen

What a moving story of St. Germaine's life. It brought tears to my eyes. God bless the children of the world.

13. Michael Holloran

Hi everybody, I'm taking the time to read each ans every one of your Prayers and coments ! And now between St Germaine Cousin, and your awesome Prayers, my problems don't compare to a hill of beans ! One request for a woman I recently met this past Memorial Day Weekend, she can't even get to Sunday Mass, for the closest parish is within a one hour radius. And her(Kathleen Marry / Katie Og.) work intails caring for the Slightly, Mentally Retarded, and when the funding closed down, in 2009 in the Boston area, rather than abandon a women she had cared for, for such a long time, she contacted the Family, who already coudn't care for her, and requested that they would allow her to take her with her to her new home in New Hampshire, and continue to care for her there as she started her new job in that area, since it'ss the same work, she can include this woman daily at the new facility and still keep her in her new home in the evenings ! I mean what a woman mof God ! So please Pray for her finances since she is now moving again this time colser to a Roman Catholic Parish, in mind. And I met her on a Irish-American Dating Service Here in Philadelphia, Pa. , so far away, I really like her, I mean whats not to like, But I'm still Disabled from a 1996 M.V.A. while at work and still rehabbing since it took so long in the VCourt System's over 8 yr's and now I' got Complacations, of Diabeties, Hypothyroidism, and lymphaderma in both of my legs, from waiting so long for treatment to start ! I'm still trying to finish up all the testing they refused me in the past 15 yr's. but I'm doing a lot better already in the last yr. w/ my new Dr.Maria @ Pennsylvania Hospital in the city of Philadelphia. So for me Please pray for My return to full health and a Job so I' ll maybe someday soon we might be able to Marry, God Willing ! For now we're just working on my health and our friendship, and to continue living Holy lives too ! Did I mentiojn she's also a single Mom of three beautiful Children, all grown. Two Boy's and a Girl who has given her 2 beautiful GrandChildren too ! Please Pray for all of us ! Thank you, kindly, Michael. (Wed) 6/15/2011 @ 7:40/AM EST. Bye and May God Bless. All !

14. anthony uk

What an unbelivable person this gracious girl was. We are fortunate to have such saints, many who gave their lives so that the gospel would live on through the centuries. Blessed be God in St Germaine and all His saints.

Anthony UK

15. arlene

what a beautiful story and what a wonderful saint and role model for children!

16. Linda Perry

I have used the st germain protection prayer many times at different workplaces. It helped me to get thru some unhealthy & negative situations until a better place came along.this is my first time of hearing the story and it made me cry as my situations, while bad werent as bad as hers. I am ashamed I couldnt make it somedays but happy I did becuz of the prayer. thank you *& yes, I wish someone would make a movie of her life.

17. Lelandlord

I read the story of St. Germaine Cousin a long time ago, and since then I never forget how this simple girl become a saint. She may not be well-known but the small things she do merited her way to heaven.
    I try to imitated her ways on my own small ways, not to be a saint like her, but like her, to be with God in heaven someday,

18. Mary Liz

I will now spend time thinking about this lovely Saint and I pray that I too accept my conditions whatever they may be by trusting God, and contribute what I can in His name.

19. edith thomas

I've picked the name 'germaine' as my confirmation name. I took it after St Germaine Cousin, but i never really know anything about her until today. So ashame of myself.

20. Hannah

I am doing a saint report on St.Germaine and she is also my onfirmation saint this was very helpful and i pray for all abused children.