St. Margaret Clitherow Comments

St. Margaret Clitherow was born in Middleton, England, in 1555, of protestant parents. Possessed of good looks and full of wit and merriment, she was a charming personality. In 1571, she married John Clitherow, a well-to-do grazier and butcher (to whom she bore two children), and a few years later entered the Catholic Church. Her zeal led her to harbor fugitive priests, for which she was arrested and imprisoned by hostile authorities. Recourse ... Continue Reading

1. Magdalena

glorious saint, i would like to be just like her..

2. Mica Joiner

Jeannie, Just pray to her as you would talk to a friend. Just tell her how you need her help. She will hear you:)

3. lindamariae

I very much appreciate the info this site provides, it is up lifting tidbits of info. that I can always fit into my very busy day. Thanks! L

4. Helen Hawkins

I will pray to St Margaret as her feast day is on my daughter's birthday.
    My daughter is a business woman and mother. She needs all the help she can receive.

5. Jean

This saint is from my husband's side of the family. We actually met in a church named St. Margaret's. Whenever her name comes up in a situation we know she is looking out for us.

6. Jeannie

Does anyone know where I can find a prayer to this saint in hopes of helping me with severe claustrophobia??

Thank you.

7. crd (inisials)

this saint is inspiring to do the right thing she was a lovely person

8. imii

I really like Margaret Clitheroe i think she is interesting.

9. oke

i would like to agree with nokiariley why oh why did u have to go?

10. kate

the saints are a little short!!

11. Ayuk

the only thing that came to mind after I read this is "we've gone through, we've gone through...Amen"

12. nokiariley

u are great but why did u have to die.