St. Francis de Sales Comments

Born in France in 1567, Francis was a patient man. He knew for thirteen years that he had a vocation to the priesthood before he mentioned it to his family. When his father said that he wanted Francis to be a soldier and sent him to Paris to study, Francis said nothing. Then when he went to Padua to get a doctorate in law, he still kept quiet, but he studied theology and practiced mental prayer while getting into swordfights and going to ... Continue Reading

1. Madi

He is a good saint but im a girl, so i dont think he can be my conformation name.. Thanks Catholic Online, you help me a lot!

2. Donald B.

God be praised for all His Angles and Saints and most esp. His Holy Mother Mary!

St. Fancis deSales pray for us who struggle mightely with staying patient on this the 24th of Jan. your Feast Day. Thank you dear friend, and holy Doctor of the church. May Jesus Christ be praised now and forever!!! Amen.

3. Maida Gaddis

I became a Catholic on April 11, 2009. There is so much more to learn. I just found this site and am thankful for it. I am intriqued by the Saints and have a hunger to learn more. Thank so much for this.

4. Florence

He gives good example of how to be patient and wait to do things according to God's will

5. Francinah

I thank the church for this websites, I like reading about Saint since they make us understand how people who were on this earth before us became christians and lastly saints. St Francis De Sales is a good teaching to christians of today, his humillity, patience, strength and all others teaches us to wait on the Lord. Thank you and thank you to God for Saint Francis De Sales.

6. Antony UK

I thank God for His Blessed Mother, Saint Joseph and all His saints that we might ask them to intercede for us each day, for ourselves, our wants and our loved ones. Saint Francis please pray for me that I might be published and spread the Good News the best way I can.

Antony UK

7. Dale

Wow, I spent hours searching other sites but once i came to this one BOOM My confirmation saint is done along with my page long essay

8. allie

even tho hes a guy im picking him 4 confirmation cuz i want to b an author and he seems pretty cool.

9. God's Kid!

He is awesome I go to a Church named after him. Im also doing my report on him! You rock St. Francis de Sales!!!

10. Alfredo Gonzalez

I thank to God for gave me the talent to be a writer. Now I ask to St Francis De Sales to guide me in my career to become a recognize author.thus, my books bestseller. Thank to my wife who told me about St Francis what important is he to my prayers.

11. J. Ana

St frances has truly understood all human are God created art. Holiness can be attained by simple lay people regardless their occupation . This has truly brought the universal understanding that people can come together to serve by contributing their professional skill.
    The key message : *thou shall not judge*.
    It is good reflection as a way of prayer and meditation in the presence of God.
    St frances has divinety conscious.
    dated 19th nov 2010

12. Michael Sobus

I am a catholic and I do battle of the books. I love your website!

13. backitahaa

i did not get anything this stuff sucks

14. luke

nice place for a report. gracias! Finally gonna get started! XP

15. Jillian

This website is awesome!! So is St. Frances deSales! Thaanks for helping me with my report!!!!

16. Gods dad

I met him once hes is a passionate fruitful young man. I love him

17. Jillian

I LOVED learning about St. Francs de Sales. He is a truely amazing person!!!!

18. Carole

I am deaf and I have always known St Francis was a patron saint of the deaf but why? The story didn't say much about him beng with the deaf. However, I loved the part where he said "a romantic God" I have always known that God was romancing me in my life. Thanks to St Francis for clarifying this for me. Please help convert my daughters back to the Catholic Church. They have left the Church many years ago.
    And pray for me to be more patient in all things concerned.
    Thank you, St. Francis, my Patron Saint Your story inspired me..

19. collin

I'm going to use him for my school project. I love writing, so it will be great.

20. patrick

i am totally picking him for confirmation