St. Francis of Assisi Comments

Founder of the Franciscan Order, born at Assisi in Umbria, in 1181. In 1182, Pietro Bernardone returned from a trip to France to find out his wife had given birth to a son. Far from being excited or apologetic because he'd been gone, Pietro was furious because she'd had his new son baptized Giovanni after John the Baptist. The last thing Pietro wanted in his son was a man of God -- he wanted a man of business, a cloth merchant like he was, and ... Continue Reading

1. Sarah

Saint Francis's story was very inspiring and the article was very helpful. He is the saint I am choosing for my confirmation name. While I may not be quite so willing to give everything I own (I'm too modest to preach half naked in the winter), I do think what he did was amazing!

2. anna

this website was reallt helpful. i used it for my school reaport

3. lilly

I totally disagree with Molly about St. Francis being God. He was very holy, but nowhere near as holy or as righteous as God himself. We are talking about two totally different people here!!!

4. STEPHEN HEGARTY

St Francis was a simple man with a big love of God and his creation.
    We can only find peace through simplicity and a love of God.
    Once we internalise this love we can proceed to see externally the beauty all around us.
    I see this daily in my dog's big brown eyes!!!!

5. ADANE

I like st.franciss main saying "LORD WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO " then he is one of the youth leader at a time and he become very famous saint according to Roman catolic the famous saint and the founder of frnchiscan capuchin order!!!!

6. Ben Dover

I love this saint

7. Estefania

Great job! I love St. Francis, he is definitely one of the greatest saints to ever live and his example will live on forever!! Thank you!

8. jesse

i loved this site, it really made me think about all that i have!

9. orla mc eldowney

i had to pick out the most important information, there was too much info but very halpful :] xox

10. Get Someā„¢

OMG

11. chidume jacob

i love it it's helpful it made me know more about his personal life that what i have heard before
    Thanks to all that put head together to make the history a successful one thankssssss!!!

12. Juanita Carbon

Really comprehensive biography. My village chapel is dedicated to St Francis of Assisi and we recently had a wonderful celebration for the feast day. I just love that saint. Lord make me an instrument of your peace.

Chapel of St Francis of Assisi
    Capuchin Village
    Commonwealth of Dominica
    West Indies

13. Elizabeth Jacob

Really beautiful n glorious life.... I am very humble n poor devot of this grt man, n am overwhelmed by reading this article. Thanks to all u have strived to bring this out. Do pray for all. Let us pray to God that he might make us an instrutment of his loving peace. Amen

14. Ian

amazing! Very helpful for research. and just nice just reading it

15. mercy

wooooh first reading something so different. thank you for this website it's really educative.

16. Racheal M.

I'm a Franciscan and l have just enjoyed reading this article of our Seraphic Father St. Francis. He died more than 800 years ago but his life continues to inspire more people down all through the different generations. We seeK his intercesions that more people may be drawn to the Lord and that we too may love nature - that in all that God has created we may see the beauty and Glory of God and Praise Him without tiring. l thank the Lord for the Gift of St. Francis and all that God had revealed through him. Praise be the name of the Lord.

17. Bill

I believe that St. Francis died on October 3 and that he is currently celebrated in the liturgical calendar on October 4 (obligatory memorial).

18. Jacopo

Wondeer Saint Francis... thank for the post and you nice blog. I hope to link a good news by Saint Francis of Assisi. It's in Italian words and video about his history and conversion in SPoleto ... Goog vision Jacopo Here is the link:

19. Jacopo

20. 96mariah

My class celebrated his feast day today!