St. Francis of Assisi Comments

Founder of the Franciscan Order, born at Assisi in Umbria, in 1181. In 1182, Pietro Bernardone returned from a trip to France to find out his wife had given birth to a son. Far from being excited or apologetic because he'd been gone, Pietro was furious because she'd had his new son baptized Giovanni after John the Baptist. The last thing Pietro wanted in his son was a man of God -- he wanted a man of business, a cloth merchant like he was, and ... Continue Reading

1. lilly

I totally disagree with Molly about St. Francis being God. He was very holy, but nowhere near as holy or as righteous as God himself. We are talking about two totally different people here!!!

2. STEPHEN HEGARTY

St Francis was a simple man with a big love of God and his creation.
    We can only find peace through simplicity and a love of God.
    Once we internalise this love we can proceed to see externally the beauty all around us.
    I see this daily in my dog's big brown eyes!!!!

3. ADANE

I like st.franciss main saying "LORD WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO " then he is one of the youth leader at a time and he become very famous saint according to Roman catolic the famous saint and the founder of frnchiscan capuchin order!!!!

4. Ben Dover

I love this saint

5. Estefania

Great job! I love St. Francis, he is definitely one of the greatest saints to ever live and his example will live on forever!! Thank you!

6. jesse

i loved this site, it really made me think about all that i have!

7. orla mc eldowney

i had to pick out the most important information, there was too much info but very halpful :] xox

8. Get Someā„¢

OMG

9. chidume jacob

i love it it's helpful it made me know more about his personal life that what i have heard before
    Thanks to all that put head together to make the history a successful one thankssssss!!!

10. Juanita Carbon

Really comprehensive biography. My village chapel is dedicated to St Francis of Assisi and we recently had a wonderful celebration for the feast day. I just love that saint. Lord make me an instrument of your peace.

Chapel of St Francis of Assisi
    Capuchin Village
    Commonwealth of Dominica
    West Indies

11. Elizabeth Jacob

Really beautiful n glorious life.... I am very humble n poor devot of this grt man, n am overwhelmed by reading this article. Thanks to all u have strived to bring this out. Do pray for all. Let us pray to God that he might make us an instrutment of his loving peace. Amen

12. Ian

amazing! Very helpful for research. and just nice just reading it

13. mercy

wooooh first reading something so different. thank you for this website it's really educative.

14. Racheal M.

I'm a Franciscan and l have just enjoyed reading this article of our Seraphic Father St. Francis. He died more than 800 years ago but his life continues to inspire more people down all through the different generations. We seeK his intercesions that more people may be drawn to the Lord and that we too may love nature - that in all that God has created we may see the beauty and Glory of God and Praise Him without tiring. l thank the Lord for the Gift of St. Francis and all that God had revealed through him. Praise be the name of the Lord.

15. Bill

I believe that St. Francis died on October 3 and that he is currently celebrated in the liturgical calendar on October 4 (obligatory memorial).

16. Jacopo

Wondeer Saint Francis... thank for the post and you nice blog. I hope to link a good news by Saint Francis of Assisi. It's in Italian words and video about his history and conversion in SPoleto ... Goog vision Jacopo Here is the link:

17. Jacopo

18. 96mariah

My class celebrated his feast day today!

19. margo

St. Francis has always been an inspiration to me, but reading this article stirred profound saintly emotions in my heart and an eagerness to be like him. His transformation is just mind blowing and I strongly believe that is a GRACE from God and in no way can be acquired by human endeavor. May our Good Lord raise up an army of saints like St. Francis in this time of evil and corruption like He did at the time of St. Francis when the church was going corrupt. God out of His immense mercy always interfers when His creation needs His intervention even though Satan is ruling this world for now (just for a little while longer.) According to the scriptures, where there is a lot of sin, there is also a lot of grace. God bless this site and bless all the readers.

20. Joseph Caristo

He is a great saint who personifies in his later years the exact opposite of what we are all striving for. Great monetary riches, prestige, power, good health, and much leisure time are goals we all want now. All are dust in the wind, since they are corruptible and do not last. Only service to God and our brothers and sisters in Christ are everlasting.