St. Francis of Assisi Comments

Founder of the Franciscan Order, born at Assisi in Umbria, in 1181. In 1182, Pietro Bernardone returned from a trip to France to find out his wife had given birth to a son. Far from being excited or apologetic because he'd been gone, Pietro was furious because she'd had his new son baptized Giovanni after John the Baptist. The last thing Pietro wanted in his son was a man of God -- he wanted a man of business, a cloth merchant like he was, and ... Continue Reading

1. Christinme

This article is great.
    my Mother always said to me while growing up
    " The less you have, the less you have to worry about!!" (Bridget Mary Smth R.I.P. 9th feb 2010)
    she was so right. I find Joy in knowing that our Faith is so true from my Upbringing and experiences. Also Big Thanks to St.Francis for the prayers to safe my sisters cat when she got ran over by a car and crushed. ( Banditt the cat is now bouncing about like the same mad cat she was before but wiv more zest for life )
    I believe in the miracle of God answering prayers and who best to ask than those who are by Gods side, Gods angels and Saints :-)

2. Andrew David Doyle

St Francis endured the highest level of poverty, imposed name change and constant rejection from his father.

His loyalty to his belief are indeed testament to the christian religious order.

3. james

this helped me do my assignment and it was very helpful

4. rebecca

Everytime i pass my dream home i look at you and see how you wait till some one puts water in your fountain and flowers around..One day i will be the one to put the water in your fountain and plant all kinds and colors of flowers.. The birds will come again and drink while they hear you singing a tune to them...Happy will be that home with love ,peace,hope and faith..

5. Francesco

Dear Saint Francis of Assisi,
    Please help me and my relatives find hope in the Lord and his Church. Help us to remember that the Lord will give us spiritual guidence in our day, and I do hope that you, being my Name-Saint and a very close Saint to me for that matter, give us the strength to be good brothers and sisters in Christ, and to find reliability in the Church, Amen.

Saint Francis of Assisi, pray for us.

6. Joshua G

St.Francis Please Pray for me to Have the Lord's Guidance and Provisional Blessing in all that I am to do now. Whether to stay where I am or to go where the Lord desires me to. Please pray for my discernment and wisdom! Thank You and God Bless all of you!

7. Jessica

religion blind people, it binds people. having a religion doesnt save you, but developing a relationship with God does. It is written in the bible that the only way to God is through Jesus. It never says to pray to any saint or angel. Pray to Jesus directly!!! He is the one that brings peace, joy, he heals, delivers, sets people free from torment, brings love, protection, balances, prospers, puts us on the right path way to eternal life and not destruction. Imagine having a friend that only says thank you for this day, I pray for healing and blessings. Would you know that person? no all you know they come to tell you that everyday. thats the same thing with Jesus. Jesus wont know us like that. remember faith without good works and vice versa is dead works! I encourage you guys to only adore God, only worship him, and not be an idolatry to those saints and angles because thats a sin.

8. Pros Nayre Grima

I love St. Francis, his life from sinner to saintshood, an inspiration for us all. I thank God for choosing St. Francis a great model for everyone. God the almighty think for us and the future generation to come to inspire us for his great love and big heart. A spiritual nourishment.

9. Christiane

I read an article in the newspaper and was very sad how Canada uses horses and sell them for $30 and send them to slaughter house and export the meat as delicatessen to Belgium and Germany.

I asked Saint Francis of Assisi to please help the horses for they cannot speak for themselves and this includes for all the Animals that are torturing.

I asked that if you please pray for them as well.

10. james

this is the beat website ;)

11. moggin

omagod!:0 how mint is dis
    p.s pray 4 mi dog

12. 2unitRE

this was really good in helping teach my class love you all as my neigbour

13. Christopher Bulatiko

I will be joining the 3rd order of the Saint Franciscan order in my local parish, which happens to be under the Franciscans Cappuchin Order, which is for lay people like me. I hope to gain deeper spiritual meaning in my life as well as living the simple life in accordance to the examples set by this very great saint indeed. Perhaps the greatest saint ever known. I pray that we all strive to become instruments of peace like st Francis.

14. shane

This web site is very informative. I have two questions - who is the patron saint of fisherman? How factual is the movie/story " The Shoes of a Fisherman" ? - with Anthony Quin

15. Jude Ezenna

thanks st francis you have just inspired me with your great humility & love.

16. nnaemeka livinus

Dear st Francis, please intercede for me for success on my aptitude test and interview. Also pray for me for good job opportunity. You know I have no other person except God. Please take my prayers to him

17. pat b

dear francis of assisi please watch over chippy i miss him so. thank you and praise and glory to our lord and savior jesus christ.

18. anka

i love jesus

19. L.WOLF

Thank you!!! I found this informantion very useful for doing my assignment on St Francis of Assissi and would recommend this site to anyone doing a project of some sort on some saint.

20. Liz

Dear St. Francis,
    I hope you've watched over Pinky during her last days on earth.... Please take her to be with you where she will continue to be loved. And please, St. Francis, help me to constructively deal with her loss on earth and let her know that I will never forget how wonderful and special she was. Let her know that I hope to hold her and be with her again in the future, I miss her and hope she didn't suffer. Please take her and comfort her and watch over myself and her brother and mother on earth. Until we meet again. Thank you. Amen.