St. Francis of Assisi Comments

Founder of the Franciscan Order, born at Assisi in Umbria, in 1181. In 1182, Pietro Bernardone returned from a trip to France to find out his wife had given birth to a son. Far from being excited or apologetic because he'd been gone, Pietro was furious because she'd had his new son baptized Giovanni after John the Baptist. The last thing Pietro wanted in his son was a man of God -- he wanted a man of business, a cloth merchant like he was, and ... Continue Reading

1. Cosmo Cramer

im back to tell you guys this website is the bomb

2. kyomuhangi Anna Maria

I thank God for giving me a chance to know more about His Faithfull Servant St. Francis. Cindy i think what ure asking about is called miraculous medal, it must be having "O Mary concieved without sin pray for us who have recourse to you and the other features u have described, more information on this send me amail >kyomuanny@yahoo.com<

3. ALBERT CATHOLIC

simply a great saint among many catholic saints.

4. Andrew

May the lord be with St. Francis of Assisi. May the good Lord teach me how to love him, how to love and help others, how to pray, and how to worship him and glorify him. All good people who have ready my prayer please pray for me so that i can trully be the son of God. I also pray that the Lord Jesus Christ opens the heavens to us all on Judgment Day. Amen

5. christie

St. Francis of Assisi, famous and most beloved saint of Italy, my visit to your Basilica, Santa Maria delle Angeli and St. Damiano are precious memories that I treasure. Most loving, humourous and unique saint, your love of God made you simply joyous and unafraid of human beings. I dare say your father disapproved of you disowning him in public, throwing away all the clothes he had given you. I truly think that fear of human reaction causes much inaction in our daily interactions with others. Give me some of the courage that you displayed in going around picking up stones to literally build Christ's church, wearing sack cloth, talking to animals and even daring to go to the Pope and the Moslems to speak about God. You are unique. You are so loved. Now dear Saint, pray for all children born with developmental delays (give them the gift of fluent speech). Pray too, for all mums striving to care for their babies and managing a professional career, while at the same time being a wife. Pray too for those old and frail, waiting to be called by our Lord on their final journey to meet Him face to face. Give success to the work of my hands....fund raising, teaching, editing. Help me to say the Rosary this month of October. Make me truly aware, reverent and prayerful of Christ in the blessed Sacrament of the Eucharist. Grant that all that I ask in Jesus name be answered on your feastday. Amen,

6. julia

I really love it... this is my favorite saint... if i was a man without children, i would like to follow his life, and love my God in each of His creatures, from the scorpions and spiders to the fish, squirrels, birds, lambs, butterfliess and worms... but God gives to each of us our own task... as His will... Amen..!

7. michelle

really good info and scriptures and there should be information like this on all catholic things.

8. Lizzie

Dear Saint Francis,

Tessa seriously needs your immediate help. Her family is on the way after her 2nd op for intestinal damage due to swallowing an acorn. She is still unconscious and her situation looks dire.

Please please look her way, all she needs is your blessing. I know she'll pull through with your help.

Thank you, mille grazie!

L

9. jackson Arul

This site is a treasure, a sea of information. Thank you for this arrangement.

10. cindy

Trying all resources to help me identify a pendant, like a St. Christopher. This piece is I think in brass, Christ with a date 1830 put between feet, also between feet a snake being stepped on. On back says Italy, also a "M" with a cross behind it at top and surrounded by 12 stars, at the foot of M is what looks like three prong crown with middle prong a cross or a cross with two leaves one each side, under this are two hearts the right having as staff with a cross at the top of it going through it. Anyone and idea who the "designer" is or any information.

Thanks

11. Robert Dufresne

St Francis we have lost one of our family pets, I ask you to please help us pray to our Lord for his safe quick return home. We love him his name is Rebel a little 2 year old dog separated from his sister as well as us his family. We pray for his protection and safety until our Lord leads him home. Rebel is very innocent and does not no of danger and harm only love and kindness, we know Rebel was ment to be part of our family by God's will. Please help, in Jesus name, Amen.

12. joseph santiago cmf

He is a great saint in the church. Founder and patron saint for many religious congregations who led a life pleasing to god in and through poverty. What a One with himself, neighbours, creation and God in heart and mind. He knew what the poverty is in real sense. He led everything and followed Jesus. He is relevant till today. We talk about eco-justice. What are harmony and peace, love and healing, pardon and reconciliation? He is a great thinker and leader who stood for justice and peace, well-being and prosperity of whole humanity.

13. IM UNBELIEVABLE

RLY RLY good story very touching
    wat a saint!!!

14. stinx

This website rly helped me so much :D thanks
    yeah really gwd for saint projects
    St. Francis of Assisi is my confirmation saint

15. IM

LOL thx this site helpd me on my saint project thx again
    xx

16. grace

my dog has been sick for almost a week now... we cant afford going to the vet.. i hope with the intercession of st. francis..my dog will get well again... please help me pray for my dog..ive been feeling down since he was sick :(

17. Christinme

This article is great.
    my Mother always said to me while growing up
    " The less you have, the less you have to worry about!!" (Bridget Mary Smth R.I.P. 9th feb 2010)
    she was so right. I find Joy in knowing that our Faith is so true from my Upbringing and experiences. Also Big Thanks to St.Francis for the prayers to safe my sisters cat when she got ran over by a car and crushed. ( Banditt the cat is now bouncing about like the same mad cat she was before but wiv more zest for life )
    I believe in the miracle of God answering prayers and who best to ask than those who are by Gods side, Gods angels and Saints :-)

18. Andrew David Doyle

St Francis endured the highest level of poverty, imposed name change and constant rejection from his father.

His loyalty to his belief are indeed testament to the christian religious order.

19. james

this helped me do my assignment and it was very helpful

20. rebecca

Everytime i pass my dream home i look at you and see how you wait till some one puts water in your fountain and flowers around..One day i will be the one to put the water in your fountain and plant all kinds and colors of flowers.. The birds will come again and drink while they hear you singing a tune to them...Happy will be that home with love ,peace,hope and faith..