St. Frances of Rome Comments

Frances was born in the city of Rome in 1384 to a wealthy, noble family. From her mother she inherited a quiet manner and a pious devotion to God. From her father, however, she inherited a strong will. She decided at eleven that she knew what God wanted for her -- she was going to be a nun. And that's where her will ran right up against her father's. He told Frances she was far too young to know her mind -- but not too young to be married. ... Continue Reading

1. ISABELLA CHUNG

VERY GOOD KEEP IT UP

2. tonderai

This is very enlightening story. I have learned that you can serve God regardless of social standing.

3. A. Francis Xavier

St. Frances life story was very
    inspiring, she always sought God's
    will, setting an example for all.
    Thanks for the enlightenment.

4. jenny

this has helped me today. we are all called for a greater good.

5. Frances

I really needed this for a project at school. Thank you for putting this up.

6. andrew

this was so helpful in my saints project!

7. samantha

8. zoey

i needed this for a school project.thanks

9. Anne Snyder

This was very interesting. God Bless.

10. Emily Elliott

First, to Denise Curry who posted before me, please know that I will pray for you as you grieve the tragic loss of your husband. I will ask St Frances and St. Faustina for their intercession for your healing, and for the repose of the soul of your late husband. My heart goes out to you. May Jesus comfort you and send you much peace and consolation... only the Holy Spirit can console and soothe us... I ask for the HS to come upon you and heal you.

To the site: I was at a healing service last night and was told by Frank Kelley, who prayed over me, to ask for St. Frances of Rome's intercession on a matter that was on my heart. Thank you for this detailed and uplifting description of her; I now know who it is my prayers are going to and why!

11. DENISE CURRY

I've just finished reading your entry on St.Frances of Rome. I have recently lost my husband of 32 yrs to suicide in April. Was looking for some inspiration to knowing God's will in this. Can you tell me why she was chosen the patron saint of widows? It didn't specifically say?
    Thanks