St. Adele Comments

St. Adele, Widow. A daughter of King Dagobert II of Germany, St. Adele became a nun upon the death of her husband, making provisions for her son, the future father of St. Gregory of Utrecht. She founded a convent at Palatiolum near Trier and became its first Abbess, ruling with holiness, prudence, and compassion. St. Adele seems to have been among the disciples of St. Boniface, the Apostle of Germany, and a letter in his correspondence is ... Continue Reading

1. adel

am also born 24th Dec...........thank god........and ur site.....

2. Julia

I LOVE the name Adele!! if i have a daughter im going to name her Adele

3. adele

my first name is adele, and in france we celebrate saint adele on 24th December so that could be her birth date, it is a tradition in france if you have the persons name wether is is jon or nicholas you say bonne fetes,

4. sarah

No enough info, but i chose a variation on this for confirmation: Della... isn't it pretty?

5. emily

Very Helpful, but I cannot find when she was born? I would greatly appreciate if you could fidn it out, I've searched fro 2 days now, and it seems its unknown but still, Im having it as my confirmation name and I absolutely ADORE the name! :)

6. lizzy

its my confirmation name

7. Jamie

I agree with Kathrine, not enough info. but i picked it for a confirmation name and i love it!

8. Katherine

I found this text very helpful. However, there was not a vast amount of information and I would have like it to be more detailed.

9. B Rayman

My mom recently passed away. Her middle name was Adele. I always wondered why she was given that name. What a great gift to receive this knowledge this year on Christmas Eve!!

10. jessica

hey everyone. i'm doing a project on st.adele for school. and i think that name is awesome :)

11. monica