St. Adele Comments

St. Adele, Widow. A daughter of King Dagobert II of Germany, St. Adele became a nun upon the death of her husband, making provisions for her son, the future father of St. Gregory of Utrecht. She founded a convent at Palatiolum near Trier and became its first Abbess, ruling with holiness, prudence, and compassion. St. Adele seems to have been among the disciples of St. Boniface, the Apostle of Germany, and a letter in his correspondence is ... Continue Reading

1. debbiw

PLEASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DOES ANYONE NO WHEN SHE WAS BORN AND WHERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Emilia

I'm having Adele be my conformation name but i can't find much on her! I don't want to choose another name, it's so beautiful! Anyone have sites with a lot of information on her!?!??!

3. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Adele, Please pray for me.

4. Christie

St. Adele, pray for all who travel today to be with family and loved ones this Christmas season. Dear Infant Jesus, pray for us who desire to be saints for that is really the reason for our being. Let us celebrate the reason for the season too...God made Man, in all things like us except sin. Jesus I adore You. Amen

5. Caitlyn

I love Adele!!! She is my favorite singer!!! And shes a great saint.

6. Emily Amanda

this is my confirmation name, and right now im trying to do the saint essay, and i can find barely any info!

7. Jacobyloverrr7

I am thinking about using this as my confirmation name... i think it is a pretty good choice... there couls have been a lot more info but this'll do... ADELE IS NOT JUST AN AMAZING SINGER.....SHE IS AN INSPIRATION CHRISTIAN...

8. linn5904

i thought saint adele was a great person with wonderful compassion and i think she loved everyone the way she loved herself

9. Joseph McGookin

This is my wife's patron, Adele. My wife will be 70 in December,2011, but knew nothing about her patron until I married her last year. You gave us more information, but my wife wonders what St. Adele's mission as a patron might be. E.g. my wife is diabetic. She wants to know who would cover diabetes, My wife's middle name is Barbara; confirmation, Elizabeth.

10. Adele Rowlingse

nice knowing im a saint lol

11. allie

i like adele i want it as my saint name butttttt.....what did she do? i need to write an essay and the info i need is : a brief bio, what the saint is known for, and why i want her as my saint name...grrr!

12. Cassandra

When was Adele BORN!! ughh..... Im going non stop trying to find out when st. adele was born

13. fiona

24Th Of December Is Not Her Birthday It's Her Feast Day.

14. poppy

I love the name adele i think im having this as my conformation name!

15. jess

i luv the name adele the saint seems nice 2 i think gonna pick dis as my conformation name =]

16. fiona

its gonna be my comfirmation name it's a really nice name i love it !!!:).

17. Ailbhe

Love the name Christina, Adele and Helena really stuck between the three dont know what to pick

18. Joanna Hepburn

I have found a quoted passage, said to be of St Adele's. It prophesies about the second world war! It rings errily true.

One of my relatives copied it out after the war- it does not say where it was found and I'd love to know.

Thanks, J

19. Adele

My name is Adele, Widowed also. If anyone is interested it means... noble and kind spirit. Second name is Deloris... meaning woman of sorrow.

Names take on character and personality of the individual. Not a saint but of great compassion and understanding for others.

20. GMFSB