St. Brigid of Ireland Comments

Brigid was probably born at Faughart near Dundalk, Louth, Ireland. Her parents were baptized by St. Patrick, with whom she developed a close friendship. According to legend, her father was Dubhthach, an Irish chieftain of Lienster, and her mother, Brocca, was a slave at his court. Even as a young girl she evinced an interest for a religious life and took the veil in her youth from St. Macaille at Croghan and probably was professed by St. Mel of ... Continue Reading

1. Tara
    5 months ago

I found this website very useful and interesting as it carries alot of information we could use for future references .It was quick to find information on the saint i was looking for and it was easy to look for as it had a list of saints on the first page .

2. lisa
    5 months ago

St. Brigid please pray for me and my family and have mercy on my soul.

3. Georgia
    5 months ago

Thank you Lord Jesus and for this information. I didn't know of her until today, through my son Michael. St. Briged pray for him to get a PhD in Theology. Pray also for my daughter Lisa who has disabilities. Pray there are birth defects in our progeny. Thank you Jesus for St. Briged.

4. Joseph Mathew
    5 months ago

St. Brigid, please continue to pray for my family and especially for my four daughters who are facing difficult choices.

5. Jody
    7 months ago

St.Brigid please pray for Gemma Lucille and keep her safe.

6. maribeth tolentino

St. Bridget please pray my son baby aldred rich tolentino .thank you for hearing my plea and bringing strength and hope.

7. pattie

dear st.bridgid,please intercede for our family's healing, physicaly,emotionaly,mentaly,and financialy,mutiple small andlarge miracles are asked for here, thankyou st bridgid,you who have much compassion for all walks of life. have taught us the meaning of faith. please bless our family and protect us in jesus name.thankyou,amen

8. bree

Thank you St Bridgit!!!!!. You are beautiful and give me courage when I feel I have none!!! Thank you for hearing my plea and bringing strength and hope to me in my time of need.

9. chet bas

happy belated feast day St. Brigid of Ireland. please intercede for us and the irish people, thank you.

10. Joseph Mathew

St. Brigid, please continue to pray for me and my family.

11. Eustace Singine

St Brigid of Ireland, pray for me that i heal all illnesses and prevent any evil curses that may come along my ways, You had a kind heart for the poor and less fortunate people and you embraced whole heartedly and pray for me that i follow your ways in the best ways possible. I ask all this through our Lord Jesus Christ who reigns forever and ever. Praise and blessed is his name.

12. Mona

Please pay for Jacob that he finds peace and the right path, for his mother that the doctors can slow the progression of her disease and for all cancer patients that we deal with our disease with grace and dignity. Thank you.

13. general unknown anonymous usmc ****

1st feb 2013:st brigid pray for us!

14. christopher

St.Brigid of Ireland I belive in you with all my heart my mother granny and daughter are called for you great saint please pray for me and my family
    St.Brigid great God bless you and all the saints
    Amen

15. nicole

very good info:) helped me with my confermation project!!!

16. Caprice

I think the information was good but maybe a bit confusing as they could have explained what things actually meant.

17. Fr√łydis Gustavsen

I have a question I just had myself. Is there any convent today with decendants from the monastery founded by st. Bridget?

18. justaperson

thanks this was really helpful :D

19. Joseph Mathew

Read Your wonderful story, dear St. Brigid; please pray for me and for my family.

20. Mary

would have liked a prayer to her since I wanted to share the saint of the day with my ccd class--oh well