St. Alice Comments

Alice was born at Shaerbeck, near Brussels. At the age of seven, she entered a Cistercian convent named Camera Sanctae Mariae, and she remained there for the rest of her life. The Cistercian community was inspired by her spirit of humility. However, at an early age, she contracted leprosy and had to be isolated. The disease caused Aleydis intense suffering, and eventually she became paralyzed and was afflicted with blindness. Alice's ... Continue Reading

1. Alicia
    9 months ago

My birth and baptismal name is a variant of Alice. I've always loved it because I was named after a family member. However, I never learned about St. Alice before today (my young daughter was curious about the saints each family members is named after). Now the name means more than ever to me. While I don't have leprosy, blindness, or paralysis, I am struggling with three chronic illness that have challenged me to accept physical suffering and social isolation by turning more to God.

2. alice.norbury

i love my name i can't wait to make my confirmation in year 6 and then i'm so picking alice.

3. rozie

my friend is called its sad and insipiring that such a young girl was able to perservere the pain LORD JESUS PLEASE HELP US TO LIVE A SACRED LIFE LIKE YOU.SAINT ALICE PRAY FOR US.

4. Caroline

When I was Confirmed in the eighth grade, Twilight-obsessed me chose Alice, my favorite Cullen, for my Confirmation name. I do not regret it now, four years later, because I believe God was working even then, but I advise you young women preparing for the Sacrament to choose a saint based on merit. St. Alice is still my patron and I believe God used my reasoning for picking her as a sneaky way to learn from her piety and strength in suffering (in addition to teaching me a little humility as I analyzed my REAL reasons for picking her...) so if you have chosen St. Alice because of Twilight, realize God has a reason for everything He does and learn from St. Alice! If you are thinking of picking Alice as your Confirmation name, keep in mind the reason we pick saint names for the Sacrament. Pax Christi!

5. Cassie

I am thinking of using alice as my confirmation name. she is an inspiration. she knew that God was going to help her. i think she is very hopeful and sure of things.

6. Alice Tindanbil

I never knew Saint Alice exist! Happy to know I bear the name of a Great and Inspiring Saint.

7. Grace

I am choosing her as my Confirmation Saint. I think she is very inspiring. A Saint we can all pray to.

8. Brandi

To all the young ladies who are choosing St. Alice for Confirmation based solely on poorly written and morally reprehensible teen novels:

Confirmation is a *Sacrament*. You are receiving in full the gifts given to you at your Baptism. The Holy Ghost is descending upon you, and the Saint that you choose as your patron for this Sacrament will have a special bond with you for the rest of your earthly life. You will be praying to them for intercession, and looking to their lives for spiritual guidance.

This is *not* the sort of thing where you just pick a name because it sounds cool or came out of a fantasy book. This is a serious life decision, and the Saint you choose should be chosen not for their name alone, but for their spiritual works. If you come across a Saint who you find absolutely spiritually edifying (in simpler terms, who inspires you) and who you feel a special connection with, then THAT Saint is the one you should pick. My patron is St. Martha. I don't even particularly like the name Martha - but Saint Martha is a wonderful Saint, and one with whom I can identify, and whose example I wish greatly to follow.

Please put more thought into this. This isn't a game, it's a Sacrament of the Catholic Church, and is a great turning point in your life.

9. Ali_Was_Here

My confirmation is coming up and I can't choose between Saint Alice or Saint Maria!

Which one do you recomend

Here is Marias definition: When St. Maria was 10 years old her father died and Alexander said he would kill her if Maria did not obey his orders. She refused and he stabbed her 14 times. St. Maria on her death bed forgave Alexander and appeared to him in a dream 8 years after her death and gave him a bouquet of flowers. He converted to Catholicism and was later pardon by the wishes of St. Maria's mother. He was released from prison after 26 years. He became a Franciscan tertiary before he died.

HHHEEELLLPPP

10. Natasha alice

Thank god for Alice :)it's my confirmation name I got it from twilight:)!!!!!!

11. Alice

I love my name! Shame I can't use it for confirmation because it's already my name. I think people should choose her because of her story not because of Twilight. Face it, Twilight is a story and Saint Alice isn't.

12. Katie Rose Alice

I am totally gonna use her!! I love Twilight!! And she an amazing story...<3

13. alicia

ilove the name cause it is close to mine

14. Ella

i love the name alice!! i also love twilight so i guess the name suits me! im choosing it for my confirmation name:)

15. Nicky-chan

Its sad ppeople are choosing her because of twilight. She was a good person they should choose her because of that.

16. Cleo

I love this saint, she never gives up on life and God never gives up on her! Picking her for confirmation 2011!!

17. Holly pabian

i love the story about st alice and her life!

18. Alice Fatima

Oh ! It is wonderful to know about her. I was finding about her for so long. Thanks God to know about her. I love her too. I try my best to be Alice.

19. mr cool

wow!!!!!!she is of the hook!
    and shes from twillight!

20. aoiife

my confirmation name is alice and my grannys name was alice